NEW ZEALAND COURIERS Employee Reviews

Job Work/Life Balance/Job Culture is very good
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand3 June 2018
Typical day at work greeting collegues at work. I have learnt how to be more confident with sharing my ideas. I have also learnt alot alot of different skills. Management from the beginning was very different from what I was use to. I don't usually have much contact with the Managers but this job I got to speak with them daily. The workplace culture is very friendly and family oriented. The hardest part of the job was trying to cover for people that were on holidays or sick all at the same time. Saying that was a real challenge trying to do my own work and cover other jobs at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I really enjoy working with alot of different people within the Company.
Pros
Free Lunch only meeting monthly targets
Cons
Overtime
Fun also very hard working job
Independent Contractor (Relief Driver) (Current Employee) –  Whakatane, Bay of Plenty31 May 2018
Awesome to get to know a wide range of people.
Get familar with alot of companies & buisnesses
Awesome pay
If you love driving this is the job for you
Pros
Scenery, variety of people you get to meet & know
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment eg:driving
Good introduction to a busy workplace
Fitness is required to be able to do the job to the best of your ability. Meeting different people and forming relationships with them through customer interaction is a big help in this sort of job
Good Workplace
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland23 April 2018
Typical day
-EArly start and long day but time passes fast due to fast pace nature of the job

Learned
-Customer skills and Time management and ability to work autonomously

-Excellent Management

Workplace Culture
-Everyone gets along and work well together
Fun
Courier (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 March 2018
At New Zealand Couriers the most enjoyable part was getting to meet alot of people in the community and also it was a job that keeps your fit. The hardest part of the job was the early starts.
Rip off
Paper Runner (Former Employee) –  Manurewa, Auckland31 January 2018
There rip off didn't even get paid for the job I did only got paid once and that was under paid ($20) would even do it on rainy days expecting to get paid for but never did so I left
Pros
Drop off newspaper for free
Cons
Long walks
Always had something to do
Freight Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato14 December 2017
For me i enjoyed it here because there was always sonething for me to do, I am a hands on kind of guy and i like to keep busy and Nzc made sure of that.
Pros
All hands on
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Excellent Company
Freight Sorter (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay17 November 2017
Well run company with positive and fun employees good work environment good health and safety practices good company policies couldn't ask for a better.
Productive fun work place
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington30 October 2017
I enjoyed working here. Learnt a lot within the Transport/ Logistic business. This was my first job after having my children. The call centre manager was easy to work with.
Pros
Awesome nanagers
Cons
commute into town to long
Awesum way to meet new people
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland16 October 2017
Worked with this company for 6 years and loved every minute of it. This was great way of meeting new people and knowing that your satisfying your customers and nothing was ever to achieve once you have a drive for success.
work with Pop's
Mail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland11 October 2017
this was just work with dad for extra money. i learnt to seperate parcels from local Auckland parcels from other parts of new zealand. the management in the workplace was good they would come out of the office every 30 minuets to check on the workers and see if we are alright and fit to work. the hardest part of the job was around closing time because that was when all the companies pushed all their packeges out to their drivers and bring it back to the garage and we would sort them out to the right places.
Not a good work place
Customer Service Representative/Despatcher (Former Employee) –  Auckland6 September 2017
Management was not professional at all when we needed help or didn't understand something we were told briefly what to do and told to go do it but it didn't really help us in some ways.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management and pay rate
Company Culture
Administration Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland4 September 2017
Workplace culture is to work hard and play hard. Prove yourself and display an honest work ethic and you will gain respect.
Large sized company with room to grow for ambitious young people.
Pros
Great people, challenging work, fast pace environment
Cons
Would be nice to have more career progression and professional opportunities for learning
High demand for Hardworkers
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland6 June 2017
A day at work in this industry requires one to be fit, strong, healthy and very understanding. you must be willing to work long hours handling and sorting freight of different weights, use a scanner pager and phone while on the road and in the depot, dealing with queries via management and customers. one must be able to work within a time frame and a very cultural work place.
Pros
gaining skills
Cons
be willing to work long hours (e.g) 4am to 6.45pm) and work 6 days a week
fun
Freight worker (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, Otago5 April 2017
its a good working place where i can learn and enjoy myself the same time without no stress.The best part is that i get to learn where everything goes.
Pros
friendly
Cons
good hours
Had no social club
Bay Leader (Former Employee) –  Auckland New Zealand22 March 2017
Enjoyed the long hours i learnt how to do the bays especially when it came to inward outward goods also helped me with understanding my tallies and different invoices i had no difficulty with anything i was assigned
Pros
The company gave us lunch once a week
Cons
Working long hours was never a problem
safe
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 December 2016
safe, you need your visor and your steel cap boots before you even start with your security badge before you even get into the gates to be open.
you meet a lot of different people, but other than that its all team work
Good experience
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland3 October 2016
I have been able to develope new skills and have grown as a person with in the company. I really enjoy a challenge. And have an awesome team. Theres nothing really hard about my job
Pros
Target lunches
Cons
Productive and fun work place
freight Handler (Former Employee) –  North Shore, Auckland30 January 2016
- Typical day at work consisted of packing a variety of large and small boxes, varying in weights from very light to very heavy. Into specific sections and areas. Freight handler.
Mostly all i learned her was a better New Zealand area Knowlage, no i know most of the north island as i managed North auckland area as well as central north island, and also the wellington area.
- Management was not the best,
- most of my co workers were very good, however it felt like they never did work and you did the work for them.. just because they where full timers. Hence management was not good.
Pros
Money came weekly
Cons
Extremely bad for back
Fun workplace
Freight Sorter (Former Employee) –  Parnell, N14 June 2015
Same stuff different day , job wasnt for me , looking for something better now. The enviroment is good . Co-workers are cool . Management was spot on .