New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Review

High Standard

21 March 2014
We Officer's operated in a very high standard and professional manner as both company expected his worker's to be
I have good day's and not so good but I enjoyed most day because meeting new people and challenge is all part of the Corrections Officer duties.

I enjoyed interact with prisoner's and help them with whatever their needs.

I played a lots of table tennis with them and its good way to built a relationship with them

I have very a good working relationship with my work mate's. They are very important to me, someone that I can talk to when thing's are not running so well at home or work.
Pros
money
Cons
not much
17 June 2020
Same role
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) - Hamilton, Waikato
There were positive and negatives. What ruined it for me was horrible shift patterns, No work life balance and zero flexibility from middle management who seemed to ‘look after their own’ or pandered to the squeaky wheel whilst ignoring and not really developing the more reserved / solid workers.
Pros
Worthwhile and interesting job
Cons
Sold a lot of dreams during recruitment
9 February 2018
Same role
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) - Manawatu District, Manawatu-Wanganui
Every day was different. Always had to be on your toes and aware of your surroundings. I was always a team player and was prepared to multi-task when required. Had to be prepared to respond to emergency's and incidents when necessary. At times, I was required to act up in a SCO position(Senior Corrections Officer), which I achieved successfully.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Shift work
15 January 2019
Same location
Probation Officer (Former Employee) - Auckland
I had a very enjoyable experience at this organisation. Wide exposure to people of all walks of life. As your career progresses, you are dealing with some very serious ex-offenders.
Pros
Great career advancement
Cons
Deal with more serious offenders can be very challenging.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Department of Corrections. Our community is ready to answer.