New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland10 reviews
The Department of Corrections, in summary, main Mission statement is to Reduce re offending and maintain Public safety, I take pride in my work and maintain a high standard of professionalism and integrity. I believe that a team can achieve more than an individual. I am in a middle management role and utilize the best attributes of the people that work for me to achieve and maximize the best possible goals/outcome.
Pros
Staff unity / Camaraderie, Job security, Remuneration, leave entitlements and Job satisfaction.
Cons
Hours of work, and job complacency
I had a very enjoyable experience at this organisation. Wide exposure to people of all walks of life. As your career progresses, you are dealing with some very serious ex-offenders.
Pros
Great career advancement
Cons
Deal with more serious offenders can be very challenging.
Was a busy position, that had it's ups and downs. Workspace needed updating and problems with older wiring etc. But the people were great. Management was good to work with and supportive.
A typical day at work would require focus, short term and long term goals and advancement. The aim would be to achieve the companies overall philosophy.
Pros
Work standards
Cons
Low work standards
Really enjoyed working here. People were great and very supportive. Met a lot of local people. Made some good friends.
Left to start own business.
Pros
Great job Good People
Cons
Not much money
Working in Corrections is an eye opener and can be very stressful. Working in such a negative environment can take its toll.
Pros
Stable career
Cons
Shift work, abuse
offend management in daily ,
learning everyday,

good relationship with my co-workers,

the hardest part of the job is handling with non-compliance prisoner.
My day at work normally started at 05:00am, a debrief with the shift Team Leader from the shift going off duty.

05:30am Briefing to staff ( Co workers )coming on duty covering incidents or need to knows from preceding shift.

A briefing of duties to be performed, personal responsibilities and any other tasks required to be actioned by staff about to start duty.

09:00am Daily meeting with management.

The hardest part of the job I found was maintaining staff and client safety in a work place where violence could flare up at any given moment.

The most enjoyable part of the job, having the knowledge that all staff were safe and had completed their duties to the best of their abilities prior to going off duty.

A typical day of a Team Leader in the Department Of Corrections.
Pros
The value ofTeamwork, regulations and having good systems in place
Cons
Working in a often violent environment.
We Officer's operated in a very high standard and professional manner as both company expected his worker's to be
I have good day's and not so good but I enjoyed most day because meeting new people and challenge is all part of the Corrections Officer duties.

I enjoyed interact with prisoner's and help them with whatever their needs.

I played a lots of table tennis with them and its good way to built a relationship with them

I have very a good working relationship with my work mate's. They are very important to me, someone that I can talk to when thing's are not running so well at home or work.
Pros
money
Cons
not much
An extremely challenging, wonderful job where the interaction with people who are trying to get their lives back on track is a very empowering experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Department of Corrections. Our community is ready to answer.