New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Reviews in Hamilton, Waikato

Hamilton, Waikato1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Excellent Team Environment
Dept of Correction in Hamilton had an outstanding whanau feel and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the probation centre. I took away life long friendships and excellent skills I can carry with me throughout my career in administration, as well as skill that helped me grow personally.
Management were great and the majority that I worked along side with were extremely helpful in the way they guided me through my time with Corrections.

I was extremely sad to have to leave as I felt very at home with the people I was privileged to work along side.

The hardest part of the job was learning to disconnect from the crimes the offenders I spoke to on a daily basis had committed, but the probation officers I worked closely with taught me how to which I will always be grateful for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the different people I got to work with and finding hidden skills within myself I had no idea I even had, like how I was so easily able to deescalate negative people and situations before they had gotten too far.
Pros
Friendships I gained
Cons
Threatening and rude offenders
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Department of Corrections. Our community is ready to answer.
New Zealand Department of Corrections Reviews by Job Title