New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Reviews in Te Awamutu, Waikato

Te Awamutu, Waikato4 reviews
Helping others to achieve tasks how to deal with a variety of personal problems there for support when needed communicate with variety of aged people skilled and unskilled. who will complete tasks, who needs to be encouraged to do tasks Tasks completed during day policys over riding, day to day tasks. just a number, not a person.
Pros
Rumuneration package
Cons
not near Partrners, family. start 5.00am
I do not have anything good to say about corrections, except the pay. Some workers were good but very few a great many were backstabbing career builders who did nothing to help but cause problems for staff who dared to question directions that were needed to improve working there. Overall I would warn people to stay away from there
Pros
pay
Cons
too much to put in here
The job is not for everyone and can be very challenging. It is a job which has a lot of routine so can be monotinous at times, but also busy with moving prisoners about to classes, courts, other escorts such as medical, transfers etc. Perfoming searches, dealing with difficult situations. The management I wont comment on as I basically am not supposed to. But the people you meet in corrections make the difference, I have some fond memories of real characters that have come and gone over the years. I suppose the most difficult part of the job is dealing with phsycologically impaired individuals, mostly because you cant get through to them most of the time. And also the roster basically sucks.
Pros
Good wages, 6 weeks annual leave, meet good people, learn a lot about yourself.
Cons
The roster, stress, uncoopeative people, negative enviroment.
Actively Managing Prisoner's, providing necessary needs to each prisoner. Learned policies, procedures, and treaty of waitangi.Managing time effectively and efficiently.Professional, pride and team work with co-workers.The hardest part of the job was the return of prisoner's whom have been actively managed and continually keep coming back to prison.The most enjoyable is having the comradeship with co-workers and the very few prisoner's maintaining a offense free lifestyle.
Pros
comradeship