New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Reviews for Administrative Officer

Administrative Officer3 reviews
New Zealand3 reviews
Dept of Correction in Hamilton had an outstanding whanau feel and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the probation centre. I took away life long friendships and excellent skills I can carry with me throughout my career in administration, as well as skill that helped me grow personally.
Management were great and the majority that I worked along side with were extremely helpful in the way they guided me through my time with Corrections.

I was extremely sad to have to leave as I felt very at home with the people I was privileged to work along side.

The hardest part of the job was learning to disconnect from the crimes the offenders I spoke to on a daily basis had committed, but the probation officers I worked closely with taught me how to which I will always be grateful for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the different people I got to work with and finding hidden skills within myself I had no idea I even had, like how I was so easily able to deescalate negative people and situations before they had gotten too far.
Pros
Friendships I gained
Cons
Threatening and rude offenders
Most pleasant part is the interaction with the instructions who work on the farm/piggery or inside the wire as I do a lot of ordering for them. We have gone through a few reconstructions now and are still recovering from the latest, which saw a whole heap of changes for our work in the department.
Hit the floor running every day-job where prioritising a heavy workload is a must. Wide ranging duties and great colleagues to work with. Can be a stressful environment to work in.
Pros
Flexible hours and varied duties
Cons
Lack of employee concern
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Zealand Department of Corrections?