New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Reviews for Senior Correction Officer

Senior Correction Officer4 reviews
New Zealand4 reviews
Great Place to work
Really enjoyed working here. People were great and very supportive. Met a lot of local people. Made some good friends.
Left to start own business.
Pros
Great job Good People
Cons
Not much money
Not going to be made redundant in the cities
Working in Corrections is an eye opener and can be very stressful. Working in such a negative environment can take its toll.
Pros
Stable career
Cons
Shift work, abuse
Military experience provided a good base for the Dept of Corrections
My day at work normally started at 05:00am, a debrief with the shift Team Leader from the shift going off duty.

05:30am Briefing to staff ( Co workers )coming on duty covering incidents or need to knows from preceding shift.

A briefing of duties to be performed, personal responsibilities and any other tasks required to be actioned by staff about to start duty.

09:00am Daily meeting with management.

The hardest part of the job I found was maintaining staff and client safety in a work place where violence could flare up at any given moment.

The most enjoyable part of the job, having the knowledge that all staff were safe and had completed their duties to the best of their abilities prior to going off duty.

A typical day of a Team Leader in the Department Of Corrections.
Pros
The value ofTeamwork, regulations and having good systems in place
Cons
Working in a often violent environment.
It was a secured job as the job is always there. I have been working shift work for 8 years however I managed to balance work and life.
I would like to be part of team who have the same passion and objectives. I have learned about the team effort is more successful than the individual effort. I have always treat my team with respect and integrity. The hardest part of the job when the team have no passion about the job. Clear and concise communication within the team is the most enjoyable part of the job because everyone have the same knowledge about the job.
Pros
job security
Cons
inconsistency
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Department of Corrections. Our community is ready to answer.
New Zealand Department of Corrections Reviews by Location