New Zealand Department of Corrections
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
New Zealand Department of Corrections Employee Review

Amazing team

24 June 2013
An extremely challenging, wonderful job where the interaction with people who are trying to get their lives back on track is a very empowering experience.
15 January 2019
I had a very enjoyable experience at this organisation. Wide exposure to people of all walks of life. As your career progresses, you are dealing with some very serious ex-offenders.
Pros
Great career advancement
Cons
Deal with more serious offenders can be very challenging.
8 February 2018
The Department of Corrections, in summary, main Mission statement is to Reduce re offending and maintain Public safety, I take pride in my work and maintain a high standard of professionalism and integrity. I believe that a team can achieve more than an individual. I am in a middle management role and utilize the best attributes of the people that work for me to achieve and maximize the best possible goals/outcome.
Pros
Staff unity / Camaraderie, Job security, Remuneration, leave entitlements and Job satisfaction.
Cons
Hours of work, and job complacency
26 September 2017
Was a busy position, that had it's ups and downs. Workspace needed updating and problems with older wiring etc. But the people were great. Management was good to work with and supportive.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Zealand Department of Corrections. Our community is ready to answer.