New Zealand Police
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Police Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland8 reviews
A typical day as an emergency call communicator would involve receiving emergency & traffic complaint calls from the public.
You learned to be patient while trying to help the caller & you also learned to ensure that you communicate effectively not only over the phone to the callers but also to & with your work colleagues.

A strong & successful workplace requires a fully supportive management team which was what we had at Police Northcomms (based in Auckland.)

The workplace culture was vibrant & diverse with many people of different ethnic backgrounds working at Northcomms. You were constantly encouraged to treat everyone with respect regardless of their race, gender, sexuality etc which

The hardest part of the job was learning to deal with different scenarios which weren't covered in training.

The best part of the job was knowing that you contributed to trying to help a member of the public with their predicament, successfully or not & the thanks you receive for the work the organisation does as a whole.
Pros
Helping members of the community
Cons
Having to work different rosters
Most days were stressful and difficult. When the right people were on shift they made the job alot easier because you had the listening ear to discuss things with
Pros
Bonding with collegues
Cons
Shiftwork
I loved my time in the NZ Police. Helping people in there desperate hour and safely removing them to a stable enviroment.
Pros
Mateship
Cons
Long Hours
Was a good experience helping the community and getting out there. Was something different I felt I had to try. The staff their were very friendly and understanding and explained to me everything I had to do in order to make sure everything is going well. I feel the main satisfaction from the job was the part when they actually didn't sell me the alcohol.
Pros
Helping out
Most days were busy but enjoyable
I learned many new skills to further myself.

Management did not care about the people, just the stats.

My co-workers were a great group of people.

Night shifts were difficult as we did 7 in a row.

Most enjoyable part of the job was solving issues for the guys and the friendships I made.
Pros
The people i worked with
Cons
Fantastic place to work - great learning opportunity

Provided Police employees at all levels with advice on Human Resource practice and policy with regards to parental leave, leave without pay, flexible employment opportunities, contractual entitlements, allowances, sickness management and career advancement.

Performed data entry activities with focus on performance appraisals, timesheet entry, leave applications, position transfers and job applications

Managed district personnel and medical files whilst maintaining confidentiality requirements

Prepared employment documents such as provisional offer letters, vetting checks and collective and individual contracts

Provided prompt, friendly and professional support for all HR inquiries and complaints

Established and maintain effective and professional working relationships with team members and other Police employees

Assisted with vacancy advertisements, recruitment processes and external and internal appointments
Pros
Great learning environment and fantastic HR team
Cons
We are very diverse bunch and so there is a wide range of knowledge that people bring when they come to the job.
We are given a good knowledge base when we first start the job and learn many other skills along the way.
Pros
Amazing people that I work with
Cons
The shift work
After 12 years with the UK Police I served 2 years with the NZ Police service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at New Zealand Police?