New Zealand Qualifications Authority
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

New Zealand Qualifications Authority Employee Reviews

New Zealand6 reviews
The women in management level, not senior management where secretive in their dealings. Would have meetings without asking colleagues to be participative in the discussions. When in an acting management role and presented with documented evidence of bulling they would not act on it.
Providing reports, meeting deadlines and having impeccable time management was a priority
Open communication lines with Management wasn't always smooth however once communication lines were opened, information accessibility made the job a lot easier.

An enjoyable aspects of the position was the ability for me to grow my own process of articulation and critical analysis.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Not enough feedback or direct contact between Management & Contractor
It is difficult to say a lot about this work as it was part- time at the end of the school year. I was employed to mark exams throughout New Zealand. It was an intense time with many hours work on top of my normal teaching day at the busy Christmas period.
The hardest part of this role was coping with an insecure manager who didn't seem to know their own mind. A degree in mind reading, crystal ball gazing or similar skill is needed to be successful.
My role was heavily customer service focussed dealing with enquiries, requests for Official Information Act requests, and processing documents submitted by training establishments in relation to applications they made. NZQA embarked on a number of technology initiatives during my time there giving a wide range of experience with different databases and ICT tools.
The team I was a member of was strongly committed to the work that we did making for an enjoyable environment together with support in dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
flexible approach to working hours
Cons
workload was often very lumpy leading to times of extreme pressure in meeting all obligations
was great month work for great pay and got experience in leading exam supervision at a school