New Zealand Qualifications Authority Employee Reviews

3.3Pay & Benefits
2.3Job Security & Advancement
This work was part-time marking National Examinations in Japanese
NCEA Marker (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury10 August 2017
It is difficult to say a lot about this work as it was part- time at the end of the school year. I was employed to mark exams throughout New Zealand. It was an intense time with many hours work on top of my normal teaching day at the busy Christmas period.
An experience
Personal Assistant/Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington16 July 2017
The hardest part of this role was coping with an insecure manager who didn't seem to know their own mind. A degree in mind reading, crystal ball gazing or similar skill is needed to be successful.
It was a stimulating place to work, often involved with national policy implementation
Risk Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington17 January 2016
My role was heavily customer service focussed dealing with enquiries, requests for Official Information Act requests, and processing documents submitted by training establishments in relation to applications they made. NZQA embarked on a number of technology initiatives during my time there giving a wide range of experience with different databases and ICT tools.
The team I was a member of was strongly committed to the work that we did making for an enjoyable environment together with support in dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
flexible approach to working hours
Cons
workload was often very lumpy leading to times of extreme pressure in meeting all obligations
exam supervisor
Exam Supervisor (Former Employee) –  auckland14 March 2014
was great month work for great pay and got experience in leading exam supervision at a school