Noel Leeming Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist - Christmas Champions (Former Employee) –  Wiri, Auckland16 January 2019
its fun and all but heaps of favourites and choosing over there which I don't like which gets me. I am not a quiet person but when it comes to going to work I would rather work from home
Relaxed and young fun atmosphere to be in
Sales supervisor-Retail (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 September 2018
Best workplace yet, where I have worked. Enjoyable working with young team who are given proper training from time to time. Work culture is hard and enjoyable at the same time.
Brings the Best in you
SALES EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 August 2018
Love working for Noel Leeming. Very exciting. Everyday is different. I found a very strong passion to be in sales at noel leeming. They look after the staff and family
Amazing Company
Customer Service Specialst (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 August 2018
hard working employees and team players.
learnt many different situtaions within the technoology industry.
mangement was amazing and supportive
very diverse cultured enviorment.
The entire job was a challenge, but a good challenge
Most enjoyable part was the result of helping others.
Pros
great enviroment- all the perks
Cons
to far for me to travel and raise my child by myself.
Great place to work, good staff and good managment
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago22 July 2018
Very target focused, so long as you were hitting your targets then you would do well in the job.

Managment where great with people who wanted to move up the chain, offering lots of courses to better your skills in retail and management.
The stores problems are your fault!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui8 June 2018
Store not bringing in enough money? Clearly you aren’t selling enough! Slow foot traffic? That’s your fault somehow. Store hemoraging money all over the place? Definitely your fault. Super unrealistic sales targets that most people will never meet regularly and you better believe that’s a disciplinary offence. They fired one of my favourite coworkers for not meeting his targets. Nobody meets their targets because the store just doesn’t get the foot traffic to make those numbers! Awful awful awful!
Pros
Good discounts on stuff. Occasional spivs
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets, poor store management, poor pay and stingy commission.
Not a great work place
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Lukes2 June 2018
Staff are bent on making a sale and hence they are only too ready to talk to a customer whom you are already in conversation with. Management turns a blind eye to this.
Pros
Nothing that comes to mind
Cons
pulls the rug from under you
fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland26 March 2018
Overall great learning experience for both customer and staff. A typical day includes giving possible suggestions for buyers as they usually want the best brands. My schedule would bee really busy throughout the week so when It came to events I would find myself seeking for products online but of their great deals and offerings to their membership customers.
Pros
the benefits and specials on "my Noel Leeming"
Cons
low pay rate
Everyday not the same
TECH SOLUTIONS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato28 February 2018
My role is to help out customer to install,and troubleshoot their equipments.

Our company sell varices of electronic equipments such as, Smart TVs, Laptop, Tablets, Smart phones, Wi-Fi routers and Smart Fridges.

I alway have the idea of making people's life easier with their latest technology, have fun with it, and make the most of it.

base on the customer I travel from places to places,I plan them all in one area per day, or two area per day to make the most of the travel.

example: Hamilton area with Te Awamutu, Cambridge with Matamata, Morrinsville with Te Aroha...

During the down times( when there is not job in plan) I will visit nearest store and share what I have learned and customer feedback towards staff members.

the best reward is to see every customer's satisfaction after setup their technology equipments.
Pros
Work vehicle, free fuel for work, product training
Cons
Pay is not enough
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton City, Waikato19 December 2017
Noel leeming was a good and respectful work environment and i learned my skills with customer service responsibilities from dealing with customers daily.
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough hours
overall a pretty good place to work
Noel Leeming Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ16 December 2017
They train their staff well and ensure everyone is given the same opportunities and encouraged to do their best.
The company's values are deeply ingrained in their staff through their coaching
OK place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington29 August 2017
- management need to appreciate & motivate staff which is lacking atm

- long hours of working

- have to work every weekend. hardly get family time
Pros
free products & incentives
Cons
have to work every weekend..
Great place to meet people and a fun place to work
Sales Consultant/customer service (Current Employee) –  Botany Downs, Auckland6 August 2017
Getting to meet different kinds of people everyday. Helping customer solve their technology issues, either software problems or house networking problems. Working at Noel Leeming have tought me how to manage my time while working and studying. The managers are always considerate and will train all the new comers. The hardest job is trying to be an all rounder around the store but getting to learn new role is always a beneficial to the company and myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to try to solve the problems for customers.
Pros
update myself with the latest technology in the market
Cons
meeting unreasonable customers and getting yell at by them
Love Noel leeming
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eastern Botany around any where23 April 2017
My most favourite stroe . I love customer service. I got 8 years experience . Love customers . Foused customers . Strong relationships builder team player and problems solver .
Amazing work place
Storeman (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 April 2017
i love working with noel leeming , ive been there for 2 + years now and everyone has become family.

management is great, they listen to you if you have problems and they fix them pretty quick.

everyone works as a team and i am going to miss them very much
Pros
managing my own space and time, everyone gets along
Cons
n/a
Great place to work. Friendly staff and supporting too
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Zealand20 March 2017
Great place to work. Helping team . Good opportunities. Big organization. Learnt so many while working there. New Zealand's best electronics store. Recommended by consumer
Pros
Supportive stagg
Great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  auckland10 March 2017
Everyone is really friendly, they give you all the training that you need. They allow you to grow within the business and the management on the whole is very approachable too.
Enjoyed my time there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato31 January 2017
Awesome to work there, being retail there is always someone new to deal with or meet or help. A laugh is never far away if you aren't happy already. Also has great incentives and product knowledge opportunities.
Great experience - Noel Leeming
Retail Services Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland24 November 2016
Working at Noel Leeming, i was based in the call centre. I was the part of an amazing helpful team. The short 3 months i was there, i had learned a lot, it wasnt easy as there was so much to learn about being a retail bookings agent for the company but it was amazing with all the help and support from my managers and co-workers. Work was always fast paced and that i loved most. Time went by so fast, the role itself kept everyone busy and motivated to finish off the days work and prep for the next day ahead. The perks working for the company was also awesome! I did struggle with the system that Noel Leeming used compared to other systems with prev employers that were similar. But once i got the hang of it, i was A - OK!
Pros
Shared lunches! There was always shared lunches all sorts of yum food
Cons
Each have diff set times for breaks, so i wasnt able to go lunch with my team mates as we all took turns going on lunch one at a time
Busy but productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland1 November 2016
Everything in terms of sales is well managed and implemented, the workplace and staff are very hardworking although I have seen a few minor personality clashes between staff members that creates abit of an awkward vibe during breaks. But all in all they were a very well mannered bunch that were always willing to help out.
Pros
Always food and drinks in the fridge. Breaks were flexible.
Cons
Products were hard to find in the storeroom.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noel Leeming. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2