Noel Leeming
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Noel Leeming Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative12 reviews
New Zealand12 reviews
It's a great company to work for as a young, developing individual as you will develop a variety of people skills. You learn how to do basic administrative work while also co-operating with people from a wide range of backgrounds. I really enjoy the people-focused aspect of this job and I will dearly miss it when I move on.

The hardest part of this job was learning how to interact with different people - how to sympathize and empathize. How to solve conflict was a skill I quickly grasped as this was my first job.
I had a great time working at Noel Leeming as my co-workers were very kind and helpful. The time I joint I wasn't enough confident to communicate & help the customers, that's where my colleagues helped me a lot.
Work at retail is always fast-paced and exciting. Every day is a different one working in a retail store. You learn so many things when dealing with different customers. It is an amazing experience.
its fun and all but heaps of favourites and choosing over there which I don't like which gets me. I am not a quiet person but when it comes to going to work I would rather work from home
hard working employees and team players.
learnt many different situtaions within the technoology industry.

mangement was amazing and supportive

very diverse cultured enviorment.

The entire job was a challenge, but a good challenge

Most enjoyable part was the result of helping others.
Pros
great enviroment- all the perks
Cons
to far for me to travel and raise my child by myself.
Noel leeming was a good and respectful work environment and i learned my skills with customer service responsibilities from dealing with customers daily.
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough hours
- management need to appreciate & motivate staff which is lacking atm

- long hours of working

- have to work every weekend. hardly get family time
Pros
free products & incentives
Cons
have to work every weekend..
Getting to meet different kinds of people everyday. Helping customer solve their technology issues, either software problems or house networking problems. Working at Noel Leeming have tought me how to manage my time while working and studying. The managers are always considerate and will train all the new comers. The hardest job is trying to be an all rounder around the store but getting to learn new role is always a beneficial to the company and myself. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to try to solve the problems for customers.
Pros
update myself with the latest technology in the market
Cons
meeting unreasonable customers and getting yell at by them
Awesome to work there, being retail there is always someone new to deal with or meet or help. A laugh is never far away if you aren't happy already. Also has great incentives and product knowledge opportunities.
Everything in terms of sales is well managed and implemented, the workplace and staff are very hardworking although I have seen a few minor personality clashes between staff members that creates abit of an awkward vibe during breaks. But all in all they were a very well mannered bunch that were always willing to help out.
Pros
Always food and drinks in the fridge. Breaks were flexible.
Cons
Products were hard to find in the storeroom.
Working at Noel Leeming really opened my eyes to what a proper workplace should be like. Considering my job before that was McDonalds, I really enjoyed being a part of a team and doing administration work. I answered phone calls from customers as well as other NLG sites over New Zealand so I have now become comfortable answering phones in a professional way. I gained more knowledge on cash handling and product knowledge. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with customer complaints, but in saying that, i enjoy a challenge and wont stop until both the customer and i are happy. Because in the end, if you don't have customers, you don't have a job.
Pros
Set shifts and friendly team/management
Cons
leaving
Typical day started off by getting the tills out of the safe and into the machines at the front counter, checking the store to ensure it was clean and tidy, then opening the doors for our customers.
I learnt so much things at this job, this is really where I learnt most of my customer service skills from, but I also learnt a lot of things about different appliances and how things work etc. Management and my co-workers were awesome (always friendly and helpful), My manager in particular was amazing, lots of support inside and outside of work, someone you could trust and know would look after you. The hardest part of the job would have been the returns and repairs department that I assisted in, as you had to determine weather something was really faulty from the manufacture or broken by someone and weather to send it back to the manufacture and ask for a refund or to put it back on the shelves etc. The most enjoyable part would have to be making friends and helping people - its such a great feeling watching someone walking out of the store with a big grin on their faces knowing they have a new item to go home and use/play with and knowing they have been given a good deal for it.