Noel Leeming
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Noel Leeming Management reviews

New Zealand44 reviews
Noel's is a great company to work to for however when issues arose the communication up and down the hierarchy is poor and it can take a long time to get results if any
Not enough staff so kp hard to meet.sales targets to hard to reach .expect to do 100%of target each month too hard.especially when only working three days
Pros
Not enough staff
Cons
Pretty good management fair
Poor commission. The big sale weeks basically mean you don’t get any commission that week.
Bosses aren’t friends they’re bosses so don’t expect to get spoken to like a human being.

One manager told me I had to work my brothers wedding even with 4 weeks notice then he got fired and the next one basically threw me out of the store to go to the wedding. Choose your stores wisely
Noel Leeming is one of the best companies to work. It develops your skills and helps you to step up in your career. Management is always there to help you out. There are different programs running to help you to step up. There are learning modules to grow your skills and knowledge regarding products. They don't discriminate you on the basis of your caste, ethnicity or religion. The most enjoyable part of the job is fun at work.
Pros
Learning modules, development programs
Very target focused, so long as you were hitting your targets then you would do well in the job.

Managment where great with people who wanted to move up the chain, offering lots of courses to better your skills in retail and management.
Store not bringing in enough money? Clearly you aren’t selling enough! Slow foot traffic? That’s your fault somehow. Store hemoraging money all over the place? Definitely your fault. Super unrealistic sales targets that most people will never meet regularly and you better believe that’s a disciplinary offence. They fired one of my favourite coworkers for not meeting his targets. Nobody meets their targets because the store just doesn’t get the foot traffic to make those numbers! Awful awful awful!
Pros
Good discounts on stuff. Occasional spivs
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets, poor store management, poor pay and stingy commission.
Staff are bent on making a sale and hence they are only too ready to talk to a customer whom you are already in conversation with. Management turns a blind eye to this.
Pros
Nothing that comes to mind
Cons
pulls the rug from under you
- management need to appreciate & motivate staff which is lacking atm

- long hours of working

- have to work every weekend. hardly get family time
Pros
free products & incentives
Cons
have to work every weekend..
i love working with noel leeming , ive been there for 2 + years now and everyone has become family.

management is great, they listen to you if you have problems and they fix them pretty quick.

everyone works as a team and i am going to miss them very much
Pros
managing my own space and time, everyone gets along
Cons
n/a
Everyone is really friendly, they give you all the training that you need. They allow you to grow within the business and the management on the whole is very approachable too.
Full on company which is leading the way, market leader.
Support is good and the company itself is very good to work for.

Management can get alot of pressure from above.
Base rate pay is okay but commisson makes it much better.

The company is heading in the right direction.

Sad to leave the company
Pros
The team enviroment
Cons
Pressure, Long days, Low Pay.
Great place to work at and to gain knowledge.
Fun environment.

Good Management.
Great Team.

Weekend is enjoyable part of the job.
Working at Noel Leeming really opened my eyes to what a proper workplace should be like. Considering my job before that was McDonalds, I really enjoyed being a part of a team and doing administration work. I answered phone calls from customers as well as other NLG sites over New Zealand so I have now become comfortable answering phones in a professional way. I gained more knowledge on cash handling and product knowledge. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with customer complaints, but in saying that, i enjoy a challenge and wont stop until both the customer and i are happy. Because in the end, if you don't have customers, you don't have a job.
Pros
Set shifts and friendly team/management
Cons
leaving
My current role directly expose me to deal with business customers specially product suppliers, product repair agents, quotations, and all other ongoing office works. I have gained skills that how to approach different people in the way create steady relationship with our business.I have learn how to handle difficult situations and win those obstetrical enabling smooth run our business. Great management support and coordination specially when come to decision making towards retain our valued customers base with in the business. Great team work and support by all team members who in different age levels. Hardest part of the job is when it come to uncontrollable factors like suppliers and repair agents delays, customers who not willing to change there mind in different situations that out of my control. when it comes to accept given equations by customer and once show willingness to go head with choose product or services.
Noel Leeming Group offered it's staff a good package and a cohesive environment to work in. I learnt a lot from the senior members and our open door policy allowed us to speak freely as and when. The role itself gave me huge skill set to back myself and allowed me push myself forward. On a day to day basis I was responsible for product development and advertising, website/ content management, writing creative copy for products being advertise both online and in a physical format for our stores for various top electronic brands - Sony, Bose, B&W, Sennheiser and so on for the Audio Category (Home Entertainment, Home Audio, Portable Audio, AV Accessories, DVD/ Blu-ray Hardware). Bi-weekly/ Monthly we had grand new store openings & off site events and I was made responsible of managing and coordinating both suppliers & our own internal team making sure there was a seamless execution.
Pros
Strong communication top to bottom, staff/ supplier engagement, good company culture
Cons
lack of career progression
Typical day started off by getting the tills out of the safe and into the machines at the front counter, checking the store to ensure it was clean and tidy, then opening the doors for our customers.
I learnt so much things at this job, this is really where I learnt most of my customer service skills from, but I also learnt a lot of things about different appliances and how things work etc.
Management and my co-workers were awesome (always friendly and helpful), My manager in particular was amazing, lots of support inside and outside of work, someone you could trust and know would look after you. The hardest part of the job would have been the returns and repairs department that I assisted in, as you had to determine weather something was really faulty from the manufacture or broken by someone and weather to send it back to the manufacture and ask for a refund or to put it back on the shelves etc. The most enjoyable part would have to be making friends and helping people - its such a great feeling watching someone walking out of the store with a big grin on their faces knowing they have a new item to go home and use/play with and knowing they have been given a good deal for it.