Noel Leeming Management reviews

Great place to work, good staff and good managment
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago22 July 2018
Very target focused, so long as you were hitting your targets then you would do well in the job.

Managment where great with people who wanted to move up the chain, offering lots of courses to better your skills in retail and management.
The stores problems are your fault!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui8 June 2018
Store not bringing in enough money? Clearly you aren’t selling enough! Slow foot traffic? That’s your fault somehow. Store hemoraging money all over the place? Definitely your fault. Super unrealistic sales targets that most people will never meet regularly and you better believe that’s a disciplinary offence. They fired one of my favourite coworkers for not meeting his targets. Nobody meets their targets because the store just doesn’t get the foot traffic to make those numbers! Awful awful awful!
Pros
Good discounts on stuff. Occasional spivs
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets, poor store management, poor pay and stingy commission.
Not a great work place
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Lukes2 June 2018
Staff are bent on making a sale and hence they are only too ready to talk to a customer whom you are already in conversation with. Management turns a blind eye to this.
Pros
Nothing that comes to mind
Cons
pulls the rug from under you
OK place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Porirua, Wellington29 August 2017
- management need to appreciate & motivate staff which is lacking atm

- long hours of working

- have to work every weekend. hardly get family time
Pros
free products & incentives
Cons
have to work every weekend..
Amazing work place
Storeman (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 April 2017
i love working with noel leeming , ive been there for 2 + years now and everyone has become family.

management is great, they listen to you if you have problems and they fix them pretty quick.

everyone works as a team and i am going to miss them very much
Pros
managing my own space and time, everyone gets along
Cons
n/a
Great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  auckland10 March 2017
Everyone is really friendly, they give you all the training that you need. They allow you to grow within the business and the management on the whole is very approachable too.
Market Leader
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago1 September 2016
Full on company which is leading the way, market leader.
Support is good and the company itself is very good to work for.
Management can get alot of pressure from above.
Base rate pay is okay but commisson makes it much better.
The company is heading in the right direction.
Sad to leave the company
Pros
The team enviroment
Cons
Pressure, Long days, Low Pay.
Good base salary with commission, Fun environment,
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lyall Bay, Wellington4 June 2016
Great place to work at and to gain knowledge.
Fun environment.
Good Management.
Great Team.
Weekend is enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay29 October 2015
Working at Noel Leeming really opened my eyes to what a proper workplace should be like. Considering my job before that was McDonalds, I really enjoyed being a part of a team and doing administration work. I answered phone calls from customers as well as other NLG sites over New Zealand so I have now become comfortable answering phones in a professional way. I gained more knowledge on cash handling and product knowledge. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with customer complaints, but in saying that, i enjoy a challenge and wont stop until both the customer and i are happy. Because in the end, if you don't have customers, you don't have a job.
Pros
Set shifts and friendly team/management
Cons
leaving
as over all all the companies I have work in past and current got great culture that support learning and development plus management support.
Office Administrator - Part time (Current Employee) –  wellington, Tory Street9 March 2015
My current role directly expose me to deal with business customers specially product suppliers, product repair agents, quotations, and all other ongoing office works. I have gained skills that how to approach different people in the way create steady relationship with our business.I have learn how to handle difficult situations and win those obstetrical enabling smooth run our business. Great management support and coordination specially when come to decision making towards retain our valued customers base with in the business. Great team work and support by all team members who in different age levels. Hardest part of the job is when it come to uncontrollable factors like suppliers and repair agents delays, customers who not willing to change there mind in different situations that out of my control. when it comes to accept given equations by customer and once show willingness to go head with choose product or services.
Fun, collaborative work place
Assistant Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 September 2014
Noel Leeming Group offered it's staff a good package and a cohesive environment to work in. I learnt a lot from the senior members and our open door policy allowed us to speak freely as and when. The role itself gave me huge skill set to back myself and allowed me push myself forward. On a day to day basis I was responsible for product development and advertising, website/ content management, writing creative copy for products being advertise both online and in a physical format for our stores for various top electronic brands - Sony, Bose, B&W, Sennheiser and so on for the Audio Category (Home Entertainment, Home Audio, Portable Audio, AV Accessories, DVD/ Blu-ray Hardware). Bi-weekly/ Monthly we had grand new store openings & off site events and I was made responsible of managing and coordinating both suppliers & our own internal team making sure there was a seamless execution.
Pros
Strong communication top to bottom, staff/ supplier engagement, good company culture
Cons
lack of career progression
Great Company & fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, N15 April 2014
Typical day started off by getting the tills out of the safe and into the machines at the front counter, checking the store to ensure it was clean and tidy, then opening the doors for our customers.
I learnt so much things at this job, this is really where I learnt most of my customer service skills from, but I also learnt a lot of things about different appliances and how things work etc. Management and my co-workers were awesome (always friendly and helpful), My manager in particular was amazing, lots of support inside and outside of work, someone you could trust and know would look after you. The hardest part of the job would have been the returns and repairs department that I assisted in, as you had to determine weather something was really faulty from the manufacture or broken by someone and weather to send it back to the manufacture and ask for a refund or to put it back on the shelves etc. The most enjoyable part would have to be making friends and helping people - its such a great feeling watching someone walking out of the store with a big grin on their faces knowing they have a new item to go home and use/play with and knowing they have been given a good deal for it.