Noel Leeming

Noel Leeming Employee Reviews

Love Noel leeming
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eastern Botany around any where23 April 2017
My most favourite stroe . I love customer service. I got 8 years experience . Love customers . Foused customers . Strong relationships builder team player and problems solver .
Amazing work place
Storeman (Former Employee) –  New Zealand7 April 2017
i love working with noel leeming , ive been there for 2 + years now and everyone has become family.

management is great, they listen to you if you have problems and they fix them pretty quick.

everyone works as a team and i am going to miss them very much
Pros
managing my own space and time, everyone gets along
Cons
n/a
Great place to work. Friendly staff and supporting too
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Zealand20 March 2017
Great place to work. Helping team . Good opportunities. Big organization. Learnt so many while working there. New Zealand's best electronics store. Recommended by consumer
Pros
Supportive stagg
Great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  auckland10 March 2017
Everyone is really friendly, they give you all the training that you need. They allow you to grow within the business and the management on the whole is very approachable too.
Enjoyed my time there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato31 January 2017
Awesome to work there, being retail there is always someone new to deal with or meet or help. A laugh is never far away if you aren't happy already. Also has great incentives and product knowledge opportunities.
Great experience - Noel Leeming
Retail Services Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Otahuhu, Auckland24 November 2016
Working at Noel Leeming, i was based in the call centre. I was the part of an amazing helpful team. The short 3 months i was there, i had learned a lot, it wasnt easy as there was so much to learn about being a retail bookings agent for the company but it was amazing with all the help and support from my managers and co-workers. Work was always fast paced and that i loved most. Time went by so fast, the role itself kept everyone busy and motivated to finish off the days work and prep for the next day ahead. The perks working for the company was also awesome! I did struggle with the system that Noel Leeming used compared to other systems with prev employers that were similar. But once i got the hang of it, i was A - OK!
Pros
Shared lunches! There was always shared lunches all sorts of yum food
Cons
Each have diff set times for breaks, so i wasnt able to go lunch with my team mates as we all took turns going on lunch one at a time
Busy but productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland1 November 2016
Everything in terms of sales is well managed and implemented, the workplace and staff are very hardworking although I have seen a few minor personality clashes between staff members that creates abit of an awkward vibe during breaks. But all in all they were a very well mannered bunch that were always willing to help out.
Pros
Always food and drinks in the fridge. Breaks were flexible.
Cons
Products were hard to find in the storeroom.
Market Leader
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago1 September 2016
Full on company which is leading the way, market leader.
Support is good and the company itself is very good to work for.
Management can get alot of pressure from above.
Base rate pay is okay but commisson makes it much better.
The company is heading in the right direction.
Sad to leave the company
Pros
The team enviroment
Cons
Pressure, Long days, Low Pay.
A Day in the life......
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland, NZ4 June 2016
Generally start off with a staff meeting before work, go over previous days results, what worked, what didn't. Allocate customer issues that needed sorting.

Floorwalk Area of Responsibility, in my case this was tablet, cameras, mobile and home phones, and the associated accessories.

Check alarm and security systems and then open store.

Most of the day was split between serving customers, answering questions from newer staff, visually merchandising my area and watching for shoplifters.

End of day was cash up and till balancing.

We also had in-store training from suppliers and the company ran it's own product knowledge nights which were compulsory and usually covered 6-7 stores all held at one of their flagship branches

These were the best part of the job and an enjoyable way to learn new product and meet staff from other branches. The worst part of the job was generally dealing with thieves and con artists.
The team I worked with was a good mix of age, gender and ethnicity and generally worked together well , even under extreme pressure.
Pros
flexible hours, staff benefits (a lot), great team and work enviroment
Cons
overloaded at Xmas, easter, labour weekend due to artificially stimulated sales
Good base salary with commission, Fun environment,
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lyall Bay, Wellington4 June 2016
Great place to work at and to gain knowledge.
Fun environment.
Good Management.
Great Team.
Weekend is enjoyable part of the job.
Fun workplace with a lot of character.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Papanui, Canterbury28 May 2016
Typical day at work is assessing stock and handling customers. The store gets very random busy moments which keeps its very interesting and never stagnating.

So far i haven't learned a great deal except the different goods that are sold in the store compared to my previous retail position.

The store manager is a great guy, treats everyone like friends but will still sort out any issues that arise.

My co-workers are all extremely different in character and culture.
Keeps the workplace stories very entertaining.

The hardest part is trying to figure out the type of person the customer you're dealing with is and exactly what it is they are after.

Most enjoyment from the job comes from the people I work with as sometimes you're doing very mundane tasks and its good to have great characters around that share common interests and it makes the day smooth out well.
Pros
Targets are fun I always like a goal to chase down
Cons
Moments of lack of workload
Productive and fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland,14 January 2016
It has a huge potential with perfect staffing,budgetting, flybuys, great spots ,safety, funfilled customers, training, passionate experts, flexirent champions
Good Opportunity, fun
Trolley Assistant (Former Employee) –  asb showgrounds12 November 2015
I was working at ASB showgrounds during the noel leeming sellout week collecting the trolleys and bringing them back to the start point for clients.

I had alot of fun and enjoyed the opportunity.
Pros
flexible times & casual
Cons
it was only a temp job for 1 week
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napier, Hawke's Bay29 October 2015
Working at Noel Leeming really opened my eyes to what a proper workplace should be like. Considering my job before that was McDonalds, I really enjoyed being a part of a team and doing administration work. I answered phone calls from customers as well as other NLG sites over New Zealand so I have now become comfortable answering phones in a professional way. I gained more knowledge on cash handling and product knowledge. The hardest part of my job would have to be dealing with customer complaints, but in saying that, i enjoy a challenge and wont stop until both the customer and i are happy. Because in the end, if you don't have customers, you don't have a job.
Pros
Set shifts and friendly team/management
Cons
leaving
as over all all the companies I have work in past and current got great culture that support learning and development plus management support.
Office Administrator - Part time (Current Employee) –  wellington, Tory Street9 March 2015
My current role directly expose me to deal with business customers specially product suppliers, product repair agents, quotations, and all other ongoing office works. I have gained skills that how to approach different people in the way create steady relationship with our business.I have learn how to handle difficult situations and win those obstetrical enabling smooth run our business. Great management support and coordination specially when come to decision making towards retain our valued customers base with in the business. Great team work and support by all team members who in different age levels. Hardest part of the job is when it come to uncontrollable factors like suppliers and repair agents delays, customers who not willing to change there mind in different situations that out of my control. when it comes to accept given equations by customer and once show willingness to go head with choose product or services.
This Is a Fun Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, New Zealand18 February 2015
This company is a leader in Home electronics, an innovator in sales techniques and a good place to work.

Retail sales, commission based is tough no matter where the job is, this company provides training so all can be successful and enjoy the time there.

With regular training from vendors, the learning is ongoing and each vendor is different as to how they provide the leaning for their products. Team building events, special employee promotions, giveaways for product sold, the ways were creative and exciting.

The hardest part of the role was keeping a client base that was open to purchasing and wiling to be available at certain times.

Otherwise this was a fun and exciting job.
Pros
Great learning opportunities, Good suport
Cons
Commission based sales
Fun, collaborative work place
Assistant Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 September 2014
Noel Leeming Group offered it's staff a good package and a cohesive environment to work in. I learnt a lot from the senior members and our open door policy allowed us to speak freely as and when. The role itself gave me huge skill set to back myself and allowed me push myself forward. On a day to day basis I was responsible for product development and advertising, website/ content management, writing creative copy for products being advertise both online and in a physical format for our stores for various top electronic brands - Sony, Bose, B&W, Sennheiser and so on for the Audio Category (Home Entertainment, Home Audio, Portable Audio, AV Accessories, DVD/ Blu-ray Hardware). Bi-weekly/ Monthly we had grand new store openings & off site events and I was made responsible of managing and coordinating both suppliers & our own internal team making sure there was a seamless execution.
Pros
Strong communication top to bottom, staff/ supplier engagement, good company culture
Cons
lack of career progression
A fun filled environment where age is no bar and the team work is the first thing on everyone's mind.
Depending on the location, the fun factor will vary but overall a very flexible and fun place to work, where rewards for the worthy are huge. A lot of emphasis on training is given. Great place to start off a career in sales or admin.
Warning: You may get addicted to work here.
Pros
Flexibility and great reward scheme
Cons
Low starting salary (without incentives)
Very great working environmennt
Allied Work Force (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, N19 May 2014
A great workplace, working with a team of like minded men, who know what to do when stuck in a situation. Meeting customers and store people is great and seeing a customers smile at the end of the job is the best part.
Pros
Fixable appliances
Cons
Depends on customers houses
Great Company & fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Pukekohe, N15 April 2014
Typical day started off by getting the tills out of the safe and into the machines at the front counter, checking the store to ensure it was clean and tidy, then opening the doors for our customers.
I learnt so much things at this job, this is really where I learnt most of my customer service skills from, but I also learnt a lot of things about different appliances and how things work etc. Management and my co-workers were awesome (always friendly and helpful), My manager in particular was amazing, lots of support inside and outside of work, someone you could trust and know would look after you. The hardest part of the job would have been the returns and repairs department that I assisted in, as you had to determine weather something was really faulty from the manufacture or broken by someone and weather to send it back to the manufacture and ask for a refund or to put it back on the shelves etc. The most enjoyable part would have to be making friends and helping people - its such a great feeling watching someone walking out of the store with a big grin on their faces knowing they have a new item to go home and use/play with and knowing they have been given a good deal for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noel Leeming. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2