Number One Shoes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Number One Shoes Employee Review

very fun experience

15 April 2018
working at NOS has been a great experience as i have a great team members to work with. Good management, have learn a lot from NOS
the most enjoyment part of the job is seeing customers satisfied and making customers happy with our services to them. the hardest part would be dealing with difficult customers.

By working at NOS i have learnt to be more confident when talking with customers, my communication skills got must better, learnt how to manage the store in busy time of the year, and how to make customers happy.

what i love about NOS is that it keeps me busy as i enjoy keeping my hands busy with somethings.
Pros
free lunches on busy days
Cons
dealing with difficult customers on busy time
7 April 2016
Same role
Customer Service (Former Employee) - whakatane nz
While working at number one shoes I meet alot of good people and learnt alot about customer service, which will help me further my skills in any future employment I receive.
7 May 2015
Same role
Customer Service Assistance (Former Employee) - Auckland, N
Loved each and everyday at work.

Learned to Manage my time and work

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team meetings
Pros
Treats by the company
Cons
short breaks
1 October 2018
Same location
Team Member (Former Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
Great to meet people and to up skill on your customer service. Over worked and underpaid. Managers are hit and miss, some needing to work on management skills. Others are brilliant. No real prospect of climbing up the ladder into higher positions as they prefer to recruit externally rather than internally within particular stores. If you want to start in retail and learn the ropes then this would be suitable. If you like progression then prehaps this is not the company for you. Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. No real follow up about staff complaints. Issues are swept under the mat. Gossip is rife within number one shoes. Bullying is also an issue that does not get handled in the appropriate manner.
Pros
Free shoes, meeting great people
Cons
Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. Bullying.