Number One Shoes Employee Reviews for Team Member

Fun and Easygoing
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty11 March 2019
Cool place to work. Best retail job i’ve had by far. Always felt appreciated and the team was always willing to help each other out when needed. Management was firm but very fair which made going to work more enjoyable. The work load was spread evenly amongst everyone and it was a really positive environment to work in.
Only good as starting job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland1 October 2018
Great to meet people and to up skill on your customer service. Over worked and underpaid. Managers are hit and miss, some needing to work on management skills. Others are brilliant. No real prospect of climbing up the ladder into higher positions as they prefer to recruit externally rather than internally within particular stores. If you want to start in retail and learn the ropes then this would be suitable. If you like progression then prehaps this is not the company for you. Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. No real follow up about staff complaints. Issues are swept under the mat. Gossip is rife within number one shoes. Bullying is also an issue that does not get handled in the appropriate manner.
Pros
Free shoes, meeting great people
Cons
Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. Bullying.
great store Queenstown
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Queenstown, Otago3 August 2017
Storemanager and the team were so friendly and helpful. I loved the way I was treated . Store manager took care of the staff. manager really helped us and developed us to enjoy the customer service and take pride in the job really helps
Pros
great manager, free shoes, great team, fun
Cons
untidy customers, too many promotions at once
ok
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Botany, Auckland17 July 2017
ive learnt many things while at number ones for example, how to do stock, customer service, and working tills. While working at number ones ive met wonderful people who have great work ethic. Its a diverse work place where everyone gets along well. I think its a well manageable work place. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that are unhappy.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
go home late
A good place to start.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Botany Downs, Auckland12 April 2016
This job is very intense, but if you want to make a career out of retail I think this is a very good place to start in retail. It's very fast pace in the bigger Number One Stores. You learn quite alot from stock merchandising, fitting other stores to customer service. You need to be alert and very proactive. You also need to be physically fit as there is alot of moving around you need to be doing.

The hours are very up and down. Some weeks you can under 10 hours, the next you could have over 40 hours depending if you're a part timer or not.

My favourite part of the job was the people I worked with. They were like family. You work with people of all ages and walks of life. I really appreciated it very much and miss the team I worked with that it's probably one of the best teams I've worked with.
Pros
Appreciated for work done, Staff Room, Good Company Culture, Caring Management
Cons
Too long or Too short hours, Workload can be overwhelming at times.