Number One Shoes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Number One Shoes Employee Review

A good starter

3 July 2018
awesome place for retail experience. Not the best company to work for. Lack of appreciation to staff other than that, you get the best experience working with customers. You can gain awesome customer service skills really quick
Pros
Free shoes, meet awesome people, good retail experience
Cons
No incentive, Sore feet, not the greatest staff discount, too much expectations, rude customers
6 November 2019
Same role
Team Member (Current Employee) - Whakatane, Bay of Plenty
Management is awesome, they genuinely care about us team members.
We create good relationships with our customers and if ever there is a problem my boss is awesome at problem solving whether its dealing with a customer complaint or finding where to put new arrivals (sometimes we get more shoes than our shelves).

Could do with more hours pay rate is good.
13 April 2019
Same role
Team Member (Former Employee) - Papatoetoe, Auckland
directly assist customers, process transactions, help merchandise the sales floor, and play a vital role in making our retail experience a positive one. Top notch customer service skills are a must, as is the ability to learn product knowledge quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
1 October 2018
Same roleSame location
Team Member (Former Employee) - Manukau City, Auckland
Great to meet people and to up skill on your customer service. Over worked and underpaid. Managers are hit and miss, some needing to work on management skills. Others are brilliant. No real prospect of climbing up the ladder into higher positions as they prefer to recruit externally rather than internally within particular stores. If you want to start in retail and learn the ropes then this would be suitable. If you like progression then prehaps this is not the company for you. Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. No real follow up about staff complaints. Issues are swept under the mat. Gossip is rife within number one shoes. Bullying is also an issue that does not get handled in the appropriate manner.
Pros
Free shoes, meeting great people
Cons
Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. Bullying.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Number One Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.