Number One Shoes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Number One Shoes Employee Review

A good place to start.

12 April 2016
This job is very intense, but if you want to make a career out of retail I think this is a very good place to start in retail. It's very fast pace in the bigger Number One Stores. You learn quite alot from stock merchandising, fitting other stores to customer service. You need to be alert and very proactive. You also need to be physically fit as there is alot of moving around you need to be doing.

The hours are very up and down. Some weeks you can under 10 hours, the next you could have over 40 hours depending if you're a part timer or not.

My favourite part of the job was the people I worked with. They were like family. You work with people of all ages and walks of life. I really appreciated it very much and miss the team I worked with that it's probably one of the best teams I've worked with.
Pros
Appreciated for work done, Staff Room, Good Company Culture, Caring Management
Cons
Too long or Too short hours, Workload can be overwhelming at times.
6 November 2019
Team Member (Current Employee) - Whakatane, Bay of Plenty
Management is awesome, they genuinely care about us team members.
We create good relationships with our customers and if ever there is a problem my boss is awesome at problem solving whether its dealing with a customer complaint or finding where to put new arrivals (sometimes we get more shoes than our shelves).

Could do with more hours pay rate is good.
13 April 2019
Team Member (Former Employee) - Papatoetoe, Auckland
directly assist customers, process transactions, help merchandise the sales floor, and play a vital role in making our retail experience a positive one. Top notch customer service skills are a must, as is the ability to learn product knowledge quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
11 March 2019
Team Member (Former Employee) - Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
Cool place to work. Best retail job i’ve had by far. Always felt appreciated and the team was always willing to help each other out when needed. Management was firm but very fair which made going to work more enjoyable. The work load was spread evenly amongst everyone and it was a really positive environment to work in.