Number One Shoes
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Number One Shoes Employee Review

Hardworking, fast pace environment

13 April 2019
directly assist customers, process transactions, help merchandise the sales floor, and play a vital role in making our retail experience a positive one. Top notch customer service skills are a must, as is the ability to learn product knowledge quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
6 November 2019
Management is awesome, they genuinely care about us team members.
We create good relationships with our customers and if ever there is a problem my boss is awesome at problem solving whether its dealing with a customer complaint or finding where to put new arrivals (sometimes we get more shoes than our shelves).

Could do with more hours pay rate is good.
11 March 2019
Cool place to work. Best retail job i’ve had by far. Always felt appreciated and the team was always willing to help each other out when needed. Management was firm but very fair which made going to work more enjoyable. The work load was spread evenly amongst everyone and it was a really positive environment to work in.
1 October 2018
Great to meet people and to up skill on your customer service. Over worked and underpaid. Managers are hit and miss, some needing to work on management skills. Others are brilliant. No real prospect of climbing up the ladder into higher positions as they prefer to recruit externally rather than internally within particular stores. If you want to start in retail and learn the ropes then this would be suitable. If you like progression then prehaps this is not the company for you. Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. No real follow up about staff complaints. Issues are swept under the mat. Gossip is rife within number one shoes. Bullying is also an issue that does not get handled in the appropriate manner.
Pros
Free shoes, meeting great people
Cons
Lack of appreciation of staff. Unrealistic expectations. Bullying.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Number One Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.