NZ Army Employee Reviews

4.0Pay & Benefits
A professional and dedicated organisation ready to serve New Zealand and her interests.
Lead Training Planner (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury9 May 2016
Professional
Mission Focussed
People Orientated
A very good set of values
Good leadership
Well equipped and resourced
Good balance between work and family life
Great experince
Gunner, OCP Operation Command Post, RNZA Artilery (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago20 March 2016
Life changing time for a young man. I gained experience and life long friends. I encourage any person to enter military service. Very big part of who I am today.
A very social and hardworking environment
Crewman, Queen Alexandra's Mounted Rifles, Linton (Former Employee) –  Linton,13 January 2016
A challenging career with a multitude of diverse skills to learn.
From employing soldiers in a tactical environment to maintaining your uniform to a high standard. The NZ Army has taught me a lot about maintaining disciplinary standards, equipment husbandry, how to effectively employ myself and soldiers under my command to best achieve our commanders' intents. There are also a few perks with the NZ army such as various courses, education, licencing, the ability to travel on exchanges and operations. The best part about the career was the social environment. The soldiers and officers are not just your work colleagues but your mates as well.
Pros
Free lunches in the garrison environments. Free meals in the field
Cons
Sentry duties at night
Work
Team Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Linton7 June 2015
Overall a good business to work for. A company that puts its workers first, with a great sense of achievement. The mix of work and life can be a struggle if you have a young family, so flexibility as an individual is very important if you decide to work for this company.
Changes
Senior Electronic Warfare Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnham11 May 2013
The army along with the entire defence force has experienced many changes recently which has eroded a lot of the loyalty that existed.
My typical day involves Meetings with the command team (of which I am part of), conducting planning tasks both present and future focused, account for security items, deal with any issues that may arise from the meetings or from personnel, liaising with outside agencies and produce documentation in support of any Squadron issues.
Pros
Free gym/fitness training, uniform provided.
Cons
Difficult with family life, no longer a carear-just a job (major change and dissapointing)
Excellent team environment at the grass roots level
Learning Designer (Current Employee) –  Burnham, Christchurch14 August 2012
I have learnt the foundations for successful training and design
Pros
work life balance