NZ Bus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NZ Bus Employee Review

Productive and fun work place with pool table.

27 August 2015
It was great to be part of New Zealands biggest bus industry company . Fun work place with supportive management.Every day was new challenge and you really enjoy meeting new peoples,greeting them,helping them .The most enjoyable part of this job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.There was a lot of variety in what I did each day,ranging from training new trainees and operating buses and handling correct fares.Doing these duties was challenging and exciting.
Pros
Free Meal Allowance
Cons
Long Hours
12 April 2020
Same roleSame location
Bus Operator (Former Employee) - Auckland
Extremely stressful place to work. I say this because it is shift work with very little work life balance. There is too little time given between runs and too few toilets around. You are also expected to know too many runs. Bus stops and passengers are VERY difficult to see in the dark.
When I started driving for NZ Bus, I loved it. But time constraints on runs lead to stress levels increasing.

My collegues were fabulous however management were never proactive in alleviating stress and fatigue.

If you are young and don't mind working lots of hours that's fine. However it isn't right to need to work over 40 hours per week just to survive in Auckland.
7 February 2020
Same role
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
enjoyed my time with NZ BUS had alot of friends there the shifts were very easy and I knew where I was going all the time the management team was alright and very fair but that was my first job so of course I would of enjoyed it
22 January 2020
Same location
Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I learned so much about my capabilities here. They offer variety, training and most importantly, they give you confidence. I miss working here. I’ve not found a job which allows me to a great deal of challenge as NZ Bus did for me.