NZ Bus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NZ Bus Employee Review

Company losing the way, top heavy with out of touch management

20 August 2018
Started well, enjoyed my times as driver and advancements, but latterly the day's have become chores as any suggestions at improvements we cold make were thwarted and restricted, and so many promises were broken. Glad to be out.
12 April 2020
Bus Operator (Former Employee) - Auckland
Extremely stressful place to work. I say this because it is shift work with very little work life balance. There is too little time given between runs and too few toilets around. You are also expected to know too many runs. Bus stops and passengers are VERY difficult to see in the dark.
When I started driving for NZ Bus, I loved it. But time constraints on runs lead to stress levels increasing.

My collegues were fabulous however management were never proactive in alleviating stress and fatigue.

If you are young and don't mind working lots of hours that's fine. However it isn't right to need to work over 40 hours per week just to survive in Auckland.
7 February 2020
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
enjoyed my time with NZ BUS had alot of friends there the shifts were very easy and I knew where I was going all the time the management team was alright and very fair but that was my first job so of course I would of enjoyed it
22 January 2020
Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I learned so much about my capabilities here. They offer variety, training and most importantly, they give you confidence. I miss working here. I’ve not found a job which allows me to a great deal of challenge as NZ Bus did for me.