NZ Bus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NZ Bus Employee Review

nice place to work

3 June 2018
nice place to work, unfortunately due to resizing i was made redundant and there were no suitable roles to move into.

my role is specialised so no advancement
Pros
great place to work
Cons
poor culture in some areas
7 February 2020
Same location
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
enjoyed my time with NZ BUS had alot of friends there the shifts were very easy and I knew where I was going all the time the management team was alright and very fair but that was my first job so of course I would of enjoyed it
1 July 2013
Same location
Bus Operator (Former Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
I find NZBUS a great place to work and help the community by helping people get to where they need to be and work along side like minded people!
Pros
free lunches sometimes!
Cons
long hours, no social life!
12 April 2020
Bus Operator (Former Employee) - Auckland
Extremely stressful place to work. I say this because it is shift work with very little work life balance. There is too little time given between runs and too few toilets around. You are also expected to know too many runs. Bus stops and passengers are VERY difficult to see in the dark.
When I started driving for NZ Bus, I loved it. But time constraints on runs lead to stress levels increasing.

My collegues were fabulous however management were never proactive in alleviating stress and fatigue.

If you are young and don't mind working lots of hours that's fine. However it isn't right to need to work over 40 hours per week just to survive in Auckland.