NZ Bus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NZ Bus Employee Review

Shut up and do as you are told

4 January 2019
For the drivers it can be very challenging work driving around Auckland in peak hours. Getting leave approved is very hard due to staff shortage. No benefit or bonus for high performers. Union also not helping the company to be more efficient and positive. New route training wasn't enough and drivers were forced to carry lives to streets and areas that they weren't trained for at night. If you are not a white person don't bother apply for any management role. I have seen many coloured workers who are capable but weren't even shortlisted for interview chances. Run by australasian capital/fund management company enough said for staff welfare.
Pros
Pays salary/wage on time every week
Cons
Bad management and low staff morale
12 April 2020
Bus Operator (Former Employee) - Auckland
Extremely stressful place to work. I say this because it is shift work with very little work life balance. There is too little time given between runs and too few toilets around. You are also expected to know too many runs. Bus stops and passengers are VERY difficult to see in the dark.
When I started driving for NZ Bus, I loved it. But time constraints on runs lead to stress levels increasing.

My collegues were fabulous however management were never proactive in alleviating stress and fatigue.

If you are young and don't mind working lots of hours that's fine. However it isn't right to need to work over 40 hours per week just to survive in Auckland.
22 January 2020
Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I learned so much about my capabilities here. They offer variety, training and most importantly, they give you confidence. I miss working here. I’ve not found a job which allows me to a great deal of challenge as NZ Bus did for me.
7 July 2018
Bus Driver (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
It was good in the beginning but becomes very stressful because there is a new routes drivers need to learn and moving to the base long way from home.