NZ Bus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
NZ Bus Employee Review

Most toxic work environment in Wellington!

27 May 2019
Toxic work environment at NZ BUS Kilbirnie!!! Give this company a definite miss. Much better opportunities for bus operators out there. The operators are trained without taking any personal needs or circumstances into account. Drivers are not ready to face the unreasonable demands set by management. Very dangerous working conditions. Management sweet talks trainees, with NO support after you pass your exit exam.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention here.
12 April 2020
Bus Operator (Former Employee) - Auckland
Extremely stressful place to work. I say this because it is shift work with very little work life balance. There is too little time given between runs and too few toilets around. You are also expected to know too many runs. Bus stops and passengers are VERY difficult to see in the dark.
When I started driving for NZ Bus, I loved it. But time constraints on runs lead to stress levels increasing.

My collegues were fabulous however management were never proactive in alleviating stress and fatigue.

If you are young and don't mind working lots of hours that's fine. However it isn't right to need to work over 40 hours per week just to survive in Auckland.
7 February 2020
Bus Driver (Former Employee) - Lower Hutt, Wellington
enjoyed my time with NZ BUS had alot of friends there the shifts were very easy and I knew where I was going all the time the management team was alright and very fair but that was my first job so of course I would of enjoyed it
20 October 2019
Bus Driver- School and Charters (Former Employee) - Upper Hutt
They were good to me, but I had been there since 1995. Times and management have changed.
You can get various NZ qualifications from driving a Bus, including Health and Safety, risk reduction techniques and strategies, learn how to avoid hazards, first aid,and time management.

I enjoyed driving a bus and meeting new people everyday.

The hardest part of the job was watching someone else drive the bus after you, and seeing them drive carelessly.

My most enjoyable part of the job was starting out each day. It wasn't just a job to me, it was a hobby.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday.
Cons
I was only doing 40 hours a week, but I see the shifts have changed now.