NZ Bus Employee Review

Present employee...
Do as you are told driver / operator (Current Employee) –  Auckland12 April 2017
As other people have mentioned.... it has changed hands to many times... Pay rates at present for an 'old hand' is just over NZ $21.00 yet some trucking companies start their driving staff on $25.00 plus allowances. No matter what is said, NZ Bus will not listen. Stupid shifts with long hours, we work all shifts all hours yet are not allowed to claim the extra weeks holiday or other allowances paid to shift workers... Absolutely no support from upper management
When I first started we had a great social club, good hours, subsidised cafeteria and had a real good management team.
Now it seems AT have their hand,feet and mouth in the pie telling the company do do it THEIR way only.
Pros
Non left
Cons
nearly everything one can think of

Other NZ Bus Employee Reviews

My favourite place
Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 January 2020
I learned so much about my capabilities here. They offer variety, training and most importantly, they give you confidence. I miss working here. I’ve not found a job which allows me to a great deal of challenge as NZ Bus did for me.
Most toxic work environment in Wellington!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington27 May 2019
Toxic work environment at NZ BUS Kilbirnie!!! Give this company a definite miss. Much better opportunities for bus operators out there. The operators are trained without taking any personal needs or circumstances into account. Drivers are not ready to face the unreasonable demands set by management. Very dangerous working conditions. Management sweet talks trainees, with NO support after you pass your exit exam.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NZ Bus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8