NZ Bus Employee Review

High staff turnover
Bus operator (Former Employee) –  City1 June 2015
NZ Bus start out trainee's ( en masse ) with seemingly very upbeat hype when you start out, the training for your " P" endorsement is very well done, however due to the high staff turnover they have introduced fixed 2 year contracts for people starting out, if you leave before your signed contract is up, then you will be required to pay several thousand dollors back to the company.

There are some real dunderheads for fellow drivers, you could start anywhere from 5.30 in the morning till finish of Midnight on a rolling 7 day roster.

The best part of the job is the csutomers, most were pretty good, you had to watch the late night boozers on fridays or Saturday nights.

There is a serious old boys network in the company, the drivers there longest get the most cushy jobs and the pick of the shifts that work in with home life, newbies will be newbies for years before they get decent shifts.
Pros
new buses to drive, regular pay, good training, you make some good friends among the drivers
Cons
long hours, broken shifts ( only long term employes get fixed shifts ) no on board active cameras

Other NZ Bus Employee Reviews

My favourite place
Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland22 January 2020
I learned so much about my capabilities here. They offer variety, training and most importantly, they give you confidence. I miss working here. I’ve not found a job which allows me to a great deal of challenge as NZ Bus did for me.
Most toxic work environment in Wellington!
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington27 May 2019
Toxic work environment at NZ BUS Kilbirnie!!! Give this company a definite miss. Much better opportunities for bus operators out there. The operators are trained without taking any personal needs or circumstances into account. Drivers are not ready to face the unreasonable demands set by management. Very dangerous working conditions. Management sweet talks trainees, with NO support after you pass your exit exam.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NZ Bus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8