NZ Post
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NZ Post Employee Reviews

New Zealand156 reviews
Management was great. Got the job through Onestaff recruitment. Just the hours did not really suit me. Fast pace but not stressful. Mainly a casual role. Work was ongoing, but no stability
management isn’t great, and there’s little to no opportunity for development, and the pressure to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are quite high. The job itself is quite mentally and emotionally draining

Needless to say, there’s a lot of room for improvement. The attrition rate is quite high (over 50% I think). The starting rate is okay though.
Pros
Good people, Pay is okay for what you do
Cons
Poor management, High stress, pressure to meet targets, toxic customers that can be mentally & emotionally draining.
Great Day at work
good people

great time management

Team Work

learnt how to keep work busy and going

hardest part of the job was bending

Break on time / Starting on Time

keep work place tidy
Learned how to work in the Kiwi work culture and learned more of MS office suite and Teams. Improved my technical skills and updated myself on new technology.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
Although I am currently working here as a temp I do prefer to be in a office job that would provide me with more opportunities. I feel that this job is great and the environment and people in it are amazing. But the pay rate isn’t that great so I would prefer to start another job in a new fresh environment
Pros
Working in an environment that is amazing
Cons
Pay rate is not good
was excellent at the NZP ...a typical day at work , what you learned, management , quite enjoyable , a must company to work for , maybe for some people..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Enjoyed my work life and colleagues.
Best job and work team. They were there for me through the good and the not so good.

Would go back if I'm ever in Hamilton again.
I enjoyed the job to maintain a good reputation and customer service to a high level, also advising people to take the correct measures in assistance to their needs.
Pros
To be intelligent
Cons
To not overthink
Was an excellent place to work until drop in mail volumes created job insecurity which led to lots of job losses and lack of empathy from company. Was supposed to be a job for life but unfortunately lost it's way
Pros
Good wages and conditions at first then all downhill.
Cons
Terrible management processes and lack of support at all levels.
A typical day would start at 1pm Monday with a light load of mail, and on Tuesday it is more heavier as transport deliver from out of town. Then the week progresses to a steady flow of mail.I learnt how to process mail from Transport to Mail Sortation. I worked in Staging which is the area that consists of heavy lifting different sized mail and products.Management were very approachable and at times very slack at dealing with tardiness
Awesome place to work, I was fortunate enough to have a meeting with the area manager and I got an amazing insight into NZ Posts business ventures aswell as learning about aspects of his role. It made me want to work hard and see what opportunities arise.
Is a good Company to work with. Is not just to get good weekly pay, but also you got lots of opportunities to learn, and explore all about International mail and National mail. Got to know how you deal and handle couriers mail, Registration mail rick mail,.pacels mail, it's fun environment, good team work..
Working hours should be more flexible to accommodate the family obligations and also help for the well-being of the employees. I think the employer sometimes listens to the employees because employees are doing the work and they understand what is going on the floor then the employer rely feedback from supervisors.l want to know more about the company.
Basically sorting parcels from 3.30 AM till 7 AM.The job has improved my attention to detail, and geographical knowledge of nelson. NZ post is a fun place to work with friendly colleagues and management. Hardest part of the job was to get up early during winter.
It was on of my first jobs in a well-known company. Everyone treated me kindly and helped me out wherever I needed. I did the job required of me in a timely manner thanks to this environment.
It was good working their but the higher you climbed the harder it was to get things done by my manager and the credits he would take from your work. My team where a great bunch.
I use to work at nz Post, first as a postie and sorting for about 6 years and went on afternoon shift sorting all of nz mail. I enjoyed my time there due to having 2 more boys went to work and where they went kohanga reo, but now they are older would like to come back to nz Post part time.
A very busy, hands on job that no two days are ever the same. But Fun fun fun to work at. Awesome people from all walks of life. Even the Big bosses are awesome people.
Pros
They do look at your best interest.
Cons
Not enough O.T
Very nice and brilliant experience while working their in New Zealand. Great working Environment and people. Got so many opportunity to grow my skills .
It's very challenging to take in calls because 5 out of ten customers keep on complaining about the services while the rest are asking to expedite the delivery of their packages.
Pros
free snacks on certain occasions
Cons
toxic calls, lots of irate customers
I am sharing my experience in Nightshift(9.30pm to 6).I found many positives there like funny environment,majority of good colleagues,a good team lead,a cool chargehand(former.)..A new chargehand now,just started(so take time to know more about him).BUT there are very few people who plays really nasty politics.I meant Really a NASTY one.And also the concept of BIG Gender Discrimination.Unfortunately our team lead doesnt know anything about this nasty politics and gender discrimination.
Pros
Funny People and Good team Lead
Cons
Nasty politics and Gender discrimination