NZ Post
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NZ Post Employee Reviews

Job is good to be in
Although I am currently working here as a temp I do prefer to be in a office job that would provide me with more opportunities. I feel that this job is great and the environment and people in it are amazing. But the pay rate isn’t that great so I would prefer to start another job in a new fresh environment
Pros
Working in an environment that is amazing
Cons
Pay rate is not good
fun
was excellent at the NZP ...a typical day at work , what you learned, management , quite enjoyable , a must company to work for , maybe for some people..
Pros
free lunches
Overall I'd do it again 😁
Enjoyed my work life and colleagues.
Best job and work team. They were there for me through the good and the not so good.

Would go back if I'm ever in Hamilton again.
Educating customers
I enjoyed the job to maintain a good reputation and customer service to a high level, also advising people to take the correct measures in assistance to their needs.
Pros
To be intelligent
Cons
To not overthink
Once great company to work for but loss in mail volumes forced it to make lots of people redundant which were at times bitter and controversial.
Was an excellent place to work until drop in mail volumes created job insecurity which led to lots of job losses and lack of empathy from company. Was supposed to be a job for life but unfortunately lost it's way
Pros
Good wages and conditions at first then all downhill.
Cons
Terrible management processes and lack of support at all levels.
I enjoyed my years at Post loved the people and their culture.
A typical day would start at 1pm Monday with a light load of mail, and on Tuesday it is more heavier as transport deliver from out of town. Then the week progresses to a steady flow of mail.I learnt how to process mail from Transport to Mail Sortation. I worked in Staging which is the area that consists of heavy lifting different sized mail and products.Management were very approachable and at times very slack at dealing with tardiness
Nz post
Awesome place to work, I was fortunate enough to have a meeting with the area manager and I got an amazing insight into NZ Posts business ventures aswell as learning about aspects of his role. It made me want to work hard and see what opportunities arise.
Mail process
Is a good Company to work with. Is not just to get good weekly pay, but also you got lots of opportunities to learn, and explore all about International mail and National mail. Got to know how you deal and handle couriers mail, Registration mail rick mail,.pacels mail, it's fun environment, good team work..
I want more communication between employees and employers to be acknowledged but not one way.
Working hours should be more flexible to accommodate the family obligations and also help for the well-being of the employees. I think the employer sometimes listens to the employees because employees are doing the work and they understand what is going on the floor then the employer rely feedback from supervisors.l want to know more about the company.
Fast paced and fun to work.
Basically sorting parcels from 3.30 AM till 7 AM.The job has improved my attention to detail, and geographical knowledge of nelson. NZ post is a fun place to work with friendly colleagues and management. Hardest part of the job was to get up early during winter.
Productive and fun workplace
It was on of my first jobs in a well-known company. Everyone treated me kindly and helped me out wherever I needed. I did the job required of me in a timely manner thanks to this environment.
Moved up the ranks
It was good working their but the higher you climbed the harder it was to get things done by my manager and the credits he would take from your work. My team where a great bunch.
Average with good intentions.
I use to work at nz Post, first as a postie and sorting for about 6 years and went on afternoon shift sorting all of nz mail. I enjoyed my time there due to having 2 more boys went to work and where they went kohanga reo, but now they are older would like to come back to nz Post part time.
Productive fun work place
A very busy, hands on job that no two days are ever the same. But Fun fun fun to work at. Awesome people from all walks of life. Even the Big bosses are awesome people.
Pros
They do look at your best interest.
Cons
Not enough O.T
excellent experience
Very nice and brilliant experience while working their in New Zealand. Great working Environment and people. Got so many opportunity to grow my skills .
challenging in the sense that you handle a lot of irate customers
It's very challenging to take in calls because 5 out of ten customers keep on complaining about the services while the rest are asking to expedite the delivery of their packages.
Pros
free snacks on certain occasions
Cons
toxic calls, lots of irate customers
Heaps Of Fun & Too Much Politics(esp in Night Shift)
I am sharing my experience in Nightshift(9.30pm to 6).I found many positives there like funny environment,majority of good colleagues,a good team lead,a cool chargehand(former.)..A new chargehand now,just started(so take time to know more about him).BUT there are very few people who plays really nasty politics.I meant Really a NASTY one.And also the concept of BIG Gender Discrimination.Unfortunately our team lead doesnt know anything about this nasty politics and gender discrimination.
Pros
Funny People and Good team Lead
Cons
Nasty politics and Gender discrimination
producitve
Typical day at work is sorting mail into the farmers market mail and daily circulars for two rounds of the suburb out down Old West Coast Road. Its very time consuming and productive but still enjoyable.
Cons
standing long period of time
Great job, good people but not great management
A typical day would begin with a 7:00am team brief. After we would do the daily checklists for our mode of transport and grab a scanner to do tracked and signature required parcels, followed by going to our cases that had our area of route(s).
The mail/workload would either be left up on the case to tie down with rubber bands in bundles or tied down by the sorters. We would then number our bundles and then put up the parcels, scan tracked parcels and number those.

At the time the company had released paxster, a four-wheeler electric motored golf cart looking vehicle. They are road-legal with speeds up to 45 km/h and in some areas able to deliver on footpaths. Although being E-bike and paxster trained I was more on a paxster.

Loading a paxster is easy if you know what you doing, it takes a bit to master and depends on how you layout your workload before loading and how much you can safely put in the front of the paxster.

After loading up you leave to your area from the branch via 60km/h roads. Some areas took up to 30 mins or longer depending on traffic. When you get to your area you deliver the mail. You are your own boss, It's as simple as that. If you were quick you could help someone. For team purposes, some of us went back in convoys, with 8 being the biggest I've lead. Once back at branch you plug the charging cord into the paxster and do the mis sorts. You would sign out with a time docket book.

What I learned was my city, in and out. I did all the areas done by paxster and e-bike. That mail should not be replaced by technology. As a delivery agent/postie, you
 - more...
Pros
People are great, pay is quite good for an easy job.
Cons
Big workloads at times, can get very heavy.
Was a good job but had lack of leadership. Has a good culture but need more work
The job is a good job. It is easy and very simple. But the con outweighs the pros. Bad leadership was a real issues. Lack of communication and voices were shut down a ignored. Dues to managers thinking they know better then the workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad process procedures
friendly place to work but rewarding as well
Each day very's in terms of mail or parcel volume, the workplace culture is most staff are very friendly and are willing to help out if needed.You learn a lot about where places are in New Zealand and different names for them as well as time management to get the work done.The hardest part of the job is like most jobs where it is more with the constant little changing day to day activities.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff
Cons
Lower starting Wage