NZ Post Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun to work.
Courier and Parcel Officer (Former Employee) –  Nelson27 November 2019
Basically sorting parcels from 3.30 AM till 7 AM.The job has improved my attention to detail, and geographical knowledge of nelson. NZ post is a fun place to work with friendly colleagues and management. Hardest part of the job was to get up early during winter.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington24 November 2019
It was on of my first jobs in a well-known company. Everyone treated me kindly and helped me out wherever I needed. I did the job required of me in a timely manner thanks to this environment.
Moved up the ranks
Delivery Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury23 November 2019
It was good working their but the higher you climbed the harder it was to get things done by my manager and the credits he would take from your work. My team where a great bunch.
Average with good intentions.
Permanent full timr (Former Employee) –  Waikato District, Waikato31 October 2019
I use to work at nz Post, first as a postie and sorting for about 6 years and went on afternoon shift sorting all of nz mail. I enjoyed my time there due to having 2 more boys went to work and where they went kohanga reo, but now they are older would like to come back to nz Post part time.
Productive fun work place
International mail officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport10 September 2019
A very busy, hands on job that no two days are ever the same. But Fun fun fun to work at. Awesome people from all walks of life. Even the Big bosses are awesome people.
Pros
They do look at your best interest.
Cons
Not enough O.T
excellent experience
Distributor Associate (Former Employee) –  Auckland13 June 2019
Very nice and brilliant experience while working their in New Zealand. Great working Environment and people. Got so many opportunity to grow my skills .
challenging in the sense that you handle a lot of irate customers
National Contact Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland19 May 2019
It's very challenging to take in calls because 5 out of ten customers keep on complaining about the services while the rest are asking to expedite the delivery of their packages.
Pros
free snacks on certain occasions
Cons
toxic calls, lots of irate customers
Heaps Of Fun & Too Much Politics(esp in Night Shift)
Courier and Parcel Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato23 March 2019
I am sharing my experience in Nightshift(9.30pm to 6).I found many positives there like funny environment,majority of good colleagues,a good team lead,a cool chargehand(former.)..A new chargehand now,just started(so take time to know more about him).BUT there are very few people who plays really nasty politics.I meant Really a NASTY one.And also the concept of BIG Gender Discrimination.Unfortunately our team lead doesnt know anything about this nasty politics and gender discrimination.
Pros
Funny People and Good team Lead
Cons
Nasty politics and Gender discrimination
producitve
Rural New Zealand post mail sorter (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury7 February 2019
Typical day at work is sorting mail into the farmers market mail and daily circulars for two rounds of the suburb out down Old West Coast Road. Its very time consuming and productive but still enjoyable.
Cons
standing long period of time
Great job, good people but not great management
Delivery Agent (Former Employee) –  New Zealand4 February 2019
A typical day would begin with a 7:00am team brief. After we would do the daily checklists for our mode of transport and grab a scanner to do tracked and signature required parcels, followed by going to our cases that had our area of route(s).
The mail/workload would either be left up on the case to tie down with rubber bands in bundles or tied down by the sorters. We would then number our bundles and then put up the parcels, scan tracked parcels and number those.
At the time the company had released paxster, a four-wheeler electric motored golf cart looking vehicle. They are road-legal with speeds up to 45 km/h and in some areas able to deliver on footpaths. Although being E-bike and paxster trained I was more on a paxster.
Loading a paxster is easy if you know what you doing, it takes a bit to master and depends on how you layout your workload before loading and how much you can safely put in the front of the paxster.
After loading up you leave to your area from the branch via 60km/h roads. Some areas took up to 30 mins or longer depending on traffic. When you get to your area you deliver the mail. You are your own boss, It's as simple as that. If you were quick you could help someone. For team purposes, some of us went back in convoys, with 8 being the biggest I've lead. Once back at branch you plug the charging cord into the paxster and do the mis sorts. You would sign out with a time docket book.

What I learned was my city, in and out. I did all the areas done by paxster and e-bike. That mail should not be replaced by technology. As a delivery agent/postie, you
  more... are well respected in the communities.

Management wasn't great, especially the big bosses. Pretty useless in my opinion. The SDCs and SDMs were great people, but couldn't do much unless Head Office approved it. They did well with what they had.

Workplace culture is pretty good. The people are great and they're brutally honest, but love to have a joke. Very diverse range of people. Was great to understand them and their beliefs and culture. Really miss the people.

Hardest part of the job was managing big workloads day in and day out.

Most enjoyable part of the job was making lifelong friends.
Pros
People are great, pay is quite good for an easy job.
Cons
Big workloads at times, can get very heavy.
Was a good job but had lack of leadership. Has a good culture but need more work
International mail officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 January 2019
The job is a good job. It is easy and very simple. But the con outweighs the pros. Bad leadership was a real issues. Lack of communication and voices were shut down a ignored. Dues to managers thinking they know better then the workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad process procedures
friendly place to work but rewarding as well
Mail Officer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 December 2018
Each day very's in terms of mail or parcel volume, the workplace culture is most staff are very friendly and are willing to help out if needed.You learn a lot about where places are in New Zealand and different names for them as well as time management to get the work done.The hardest part of the job is like most jobs where it is more with the constant little changing day to day activities.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff
Cons
Lower starting Wage
Regional Philatelic and Bulk Store (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 November 2018
Typical Day
- Get orders from Post Shops Stamps/ NZ Post Products
- Check inhouse inventory
- Contact Post Shop Managers & Wanganui (where stamps come from)

Learnt alot from being under a charismatic leader & mentor for a manager, whom I still have alot of respect for even now after all these years.

Work place culture was great.

Being my first job & young I had to learn, so many different processes. Which I learnt in my own time I would stay back & learn as much as I could.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills, thus allowing scope. This truly set me up, for how I was to learn for future roles in management.
Pros
Glide Time
Cons
Limtied Job Scope
Really goid
Sorting (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland14 November 2018
Was alright stand up alday n night good hours long mights really nice people and love th good commuication and respect from other team mates nice company
Pros
Cons
Yeap good hours
Admin
Site / Delivery Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auckland24 October 2018
Was ok for a first job. Some areas I worked for were good, some areas not so good. Easy job when trained well, company has been through many changes...
Productive Workplace
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland25 September 2018
- It is a productive work place, that has friendly people.
- Team work is a Big thing in this Business, people get along with each other as Family.
- The Work place culture gets together as one with different ethnicity's.
- I learnt allot of things e.g., places of the world, sorting suburbs.
- They take the job seriously especially parcels coming through as it goes through X- Ray & sometimes Customs if needed, for the safety of everyone.
People and team are great to work with
working with the staff on the floor is fantastic, great down to earth workers
Awesome working with all the relevant product owners, they work well together, also was great to get awesome support from all my business owners
Pros
great teams
Cons
mangt structure and communication downwards is lacking.
Change from Nursing
Branch Manager and Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand10 September 2018
I took this job to have a break from nursing while I was raising my teenage daughters. The hours of work suited our lifestyle and gave me more time to spend with my growing teenager.
I did not particularly enjoy working for this company but the work I carried out ina management role was rewarding.
Pros
More work life balance
Cons
Did not like the company
Great company to contract in - interesting project and smart people
Snr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 July 2018
NZPost is one of the best companies I have contracted in. I was involved in a really interesting project that successfully delivered its business benefits (financial and non-financial)

Typical work say was working with subject matter experts and local leader to design and implement local solutions.

Part of a small team we were given a high level of autonomy to get the job done; but senior leader were readily available when guidance or direction was required.

NZPost respect the contractors who work for them and I would not hesitate to work for them again
Pros
High level of autonomy. Flexible working; Free secure parking
Cons
Location - unless you live in East Auckland the traffic is a nightmare much of the time
Enjoyable and friendly
Manager, Group Workspaces (Former Employee) –  national13 May 2018
based across East Tamaki, Auckland CBD, Wellington CBD, the job was focussing on change management using property as the catalyst.

It was me that delivered the ABW workspace still in operation at the offices in NZ Post, long after all the competition failed at theirs.

I was too good at my job, though, finishing it 18 months early - so I had to move on to pastures new ... and still look fondly on my time at NZ Post.
Pros
free lunches