NZ Post

NZ Post Employee Reviews for Mail Officer

friendly place to work but rewarding as well
Mail Officer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 December 2018
Each day very's in terms of mail or parcel volume, the workplace culture is most staff are very friendly and are willing to help out if needed.You learn a lot about where places are in New Zealand and different names for them as well as time management to get the work done.The hardest part of the job is like most jobs where it is more with the constant little changing day to day activities.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff
Cons
Lower starting Wage
To be confident in yourself, working together as a team respect others and good communications with team leaders
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Mangere, Auckland7 June 2017
To be confident with yourself, respect others by communicate well, Understanding the outcome of the day, serving customer in good manners and be happy
Productive workplace with a lot of teamwork
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ12 March 2016
Fast pace workplace that includes team work and hard work to make sure target is met at the end of the night. Dealing with mail everyday.
enjoyable
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Taupo,19 April 2015
Fast pace sorting mail.
Different skilled needed.
Good organisation.
Easy to get along with.
Working under pressure to get the mail done by a certain time.
Just being thanked at the end of a week for a job well done.
NZ Post: Wonderful place to be
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Highbrook19 January 2015
Working at New Zealand Post was an excellent experience and I enjoyed it very much. I learned to possess excellent time management, and I also learned how to operate the machines used in the mail centre that were a very integral part of day to day operations. A typical day at work would involve operating the BCM & BCS machines. There are two roles that happen simultaneously on both machines, so two operators are needed at all times. So teamwork is very important and is much needed while these machines are running. On one end, mail (in the form of a normal sized envelope) is fed through the "start end" of the machine, and the machine then proceeds to sort the mail into it's proper slots on the other end of the machine where the second operator then proceeds to manually remove the mail from the slots, and places them in an organised manner into rectangular shaped "trays", ready to be distributed into is transport cages. The hardest part of the job would have to be when there is "fast" mail being fed through the machines, and the stacks in the slots fill out extremely fast. This can be overwhelming for the operator who is collecting the mail, putting them in to their trays. This situation may call for an extra operator to help out until the slots are emptied and the mail feed is under control for the one operator to work with. The most rewarding part of the job is when you're able to exceed daily production targets and produce more numbers for that day. The company is excellent in where it recognizes hard effort being put in on the job by its workers and rewards them with nice  more... incentives like free lunch or something of that equivalent. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other same skilled people, especially if there are different ethnic backgrounds who come together and work as one team and get the job done. Management was excellent in keeping the workers up to date with what is happening in the company. Team briefings were held almost daily which was beneficial for the team and its workers as this enabled New Zealand Post employes to always know what is going on within the company.  less
Awesome team
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N3 July 2014
My time at NZ Post was definitely fun. I learnt different things such as the different types of mail boxes in NZ and how to deal with customers that had late parcels. My co-workers and customers were probably the best part of my job. The hardest part was travelling to places I was assigned to work at that were too far. Other than that it was a awesome job and I would love to get a job similar sometime soon.
Pros
Happy Customers and short hours
Cons
working places that are far from home as i was on-call worker
Fun work enviroment with awesome work collegues
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Petone, Lwer Hutt6 April 2014
My 5 years working at New Zealand post was a awesome experience, met lots of awesome people and some awesome bosses too.
Pros
Made some great friends
Full of fun and laughter
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, N5 March 2014
I have met some of the most beautiful people over the years i have been with NZ Post, such down to earth people that have helped mould me in to the person that i am today. NZ Post has been such a fantastic company to be apart of, i have enjoyed my time with post.
Mail officer
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, N5 February 2014
working as a mail office is really challenging, because you have to make sure mails and parcels are correctly sorted and at right place to be.. We have to work according to work procedures. I have learnt a lot from this job getting to memorize and learn about new zealand geography, street, roads and different areas. I get along with all the co workers in a multicultural environment. Team work was the most important thing which we have to help each other.
Every day is different. sometimes busy sometimes not i like this job is because the benefits for the workers was good and the hardest part is hard to get more hours.. I only work as a temp on contract.
Very Friendly and Challenging Workplace
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, New Zealand14 November 2012
Everyday is challenging and rewarding,I have learnt how to work in a fast pace environment and managed to do my work accurately and correctly at all times under demanding time frames, I mostly enjoyed the job when sorting mail and parcels correctly to all destinations knowing the customers were going to receive their mail on time.
Pros
free morning tea shouts and dinners.
Great team enviorment
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Taupo Box :Lobby14 August 2012
I enjoy the presure of meeting deadlines and customer enquiries. To ensure customer needs are met.
Pros
co workers and incentives from nz post
Cons
short staffed some times.