NZ Post
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NZ Post Employee Reviews for Mail Sorter

producitve
Typical day at work is sorting mail into the farmers market mail and daily circulars for two rounds of the suburb out down Old West Coast Road. Its very time consuming and productive but still enjoyable.
Cons
standing long period of time
Friendly & positive workplace
A typical day would be dealing with anyone who may have had a problem with the services they were receiving and/or they had general questions that needed answering. What was great about the workplace was that everyone was approachable & understanding when it came to problems faced within the workplace.
Fun workplace
During my time there i had learnt about how to deal with a lot pressure to sort mail as fast as possible as they had to be delivered the next day, the most enjoyable part about the job was meeting new people from all ages and as well as different cultures.
Good and easy.
This job was easy as it was doing post boxes i only wish i had stayed longer as i could have done something other than just the post boxes. Learning to sort mail in such a small place had me having to remember where they had to go but the experience there was all good. I liked working there an i can only imagine what the bigger courier and post shops would be like but all in all the team and management was great.
Pros
Tea and coffee
Cons
hours not long enough but good for starters
Great staff morale in this job
I began as a mail sorter on early morning shift then was offered a position as receptionist at front desk. Enjoyed my role here but left to have my 3rd child.
Pros
Great coworkers
Fun workplace
Some of the perks in working at NZ Post - able to maintain work-life balance, less stress and pressure, fun workplace and easy to get along well with workmates. Happy people are there. :)
As below
Collecting boxes of mail and sorting into pigeon holes.
Move to packages and sort into big post bags to be sent nationally.

I learned where a lot of places in NZ where.

Workplace culture - unsure as was working night shift and was all work

Hardest part of job was being on packages as the pacels could be very heavy

Enjoyable part of job was social family functions even though few and far between
Pros
work alone and within a team
Cons
travel to work
sorting mail
i was not at this work environment for very long before i got a full time job with amway of n z. while i was there i enjoyed it. A lot of people at this work place
Fun Workplace
sorting mail/parcels. I got to learn more about places in New Zealand that i didnt even know existed. Enjoyed making new friends
Productive and fun workplace
My typical day at work was putting mails in trays. The jobs ranged from daily to monthly work. I although it sounds easy, what I learnt throughout the months of working there was that i had to focus and have eye for detail when flicking though mails, making sure there weren't any mishaps within the window of the envelope (eg. not being able to see the address and having insufficients etc) as well as providing the correct envelope with the right letter itself. I knew that we had to make sure everything was right before the mails were sent out or it would not go down well with other companies that are in partnership with NZ Post.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, great team
Cons
standing the whole day for 8 hours (minus break times)
Mailsorters Memories
Typical day involved sorting mail in different areas of the processing room then driving into the CBD and picking up mail from businesses and street boxes
I learned what the public expect of NZ Post and what questions they needed answering..

Management was a concern because there was a high turnover of people in supervisory roles and targets /expectations were often changed and or not met.

My co-workers on the whole were genuine people and easy to work and get on. with

Hardest part of the job was that it was a bit too repetitive and you did not learn anything new after being trained to do the job.initially. I enjoyed meeting different types of people and having a fairly large number of staff meant you did not have to work with the same people every day!
Pros
Pay rate and conditions
Cons
Repititiveness/working late into the evening
Fairly orgainised
I can say that this job has given me the confidence to become tuned into the work scene, as this was my first job. The pay was good and the hours were even better. The employer was kind enough to help me on things I did not understand, but he was very helpful.
Pros
Good pay
avereg
work was easy the hardest part was getting so little pay for a hard days work
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay
Well liked by customers in the town
I work in two jobs at NZ Post, first job is mail sorting in the delivery branch for 3 mornings a week. And second job is a customer service operator on the counter in the post shop.
I have learn't to be patient with young and old and to treat each customer like it is opening night.

My co-workers are brilliant and we all get along so well.

The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with angry customers and trying to calm them down.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making your customer smile and them leaving feeling good.
Pros
great retirement plan
Cons
may be looking to down size within the company