NZ Post Management reviews

Heaps Of Fun & Too Much Politics(esp in Night Shift)
Courier and Parcel Officer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato23 March 2019
I am sharing my experience in Nightshift(9.30pm to 6).I found many positives there like funny environment,majority of good colleagues,a good team lead,a cool chargehand(former.)..A new chargehand now,just started(so take time to know more about him).BUT there are very few people who plays really nasty politics.I meant Really a NASTY one.And also the concept of BIG Gender Discrimination.Unfortunately our team lead doesnt know anything about this nasty politics and gender discrimination.
Pros
Funny People and Good team Lead
Cons
Nasty politics and Gender discrimination
Was a good job but had lack of leadership. Has a good culture but need more work
International mail officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 January 2019
The job is a good job. It is easy and very simple. But the con outweighs the pros. Bad leadership was a real issues. Lack of communication and voices were shut down a ignored. Dues to managers thinking they know better then the workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad process procedures
friendly place to work but rewarding as well
Mail Officer (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury6 December 2018
Each day very's in terms of mail or parcel volume, the workplace culture is most staff are very friendly and are willing to help out if needed.You learn a lot about where places are in New Zealand and different names for them as well as time management to get the work done.The hardest part of the job is like most jobs where it is more with the constant little changing day to day activities.
Pros
good hours, friendly staff
Cons
Lower starting Wage
Regional Philatelic and Bulk Store (Former Employee) –  Auckland22 November 2018
Typical Day
- Get orders from Post Shops Stamps/ NZ Post Products
- Check inhouse inventory
- Contact Post Shop Managers & Wanganui (where stamps come from)

Learnt alot from being under a charismatic leader & mentor for a manager, whom I still have alot of respect for even now after all these years.

Work place culture was great.

Being my first job & young I had to learn, so many different processes. Which I learnt in my own time I would stay back & learn as much as I could.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills, thus allowing scope. This truly set me up, for how I was to learn for future roles in management.
Pros
Glide Time
Cons
Limtied Job Scope
Change from Nursing
Branch Manager and Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch New Zealand10 September 2018
I took this job to have a break from nursing while I was raising my teenage daughters. The hours of work suited our lifestyle and gave me more time to spend with my growing teenager.
I did not particularly enjoy working for this company but the work I carried out ina management role was rewarding.
Pros
More work life balance
Cons
Did not like the company
Enjoyable and friendly
Manager, Group Workspaces (Former Employee) –  national13 May 2018
based across East Tamaki, Auckland CBD, Wellington CBD, the job was focussing on change management using property as the catalyst.

It was me that delivered the ABW workspace still in operation at the offices in NZ Post, long after all the competition failed at theirs.

I was too good at my job, though, finishing it 18 months early - so I had to move on to pastures new ... and still look fondly on my time at NZ Post.
Pros
free lunches
Worst Place to Work In.
Senior Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  NZ Post,Christchurch,New Zealand26 April 2018
You couldnt complain about anything as the Bosses had too many "Pet Sorters" or "Crawlers"and same with Upper Management.
I would suggest that nobody applies to work at N Z Post ever.
The women would dribble all day about something pathetic where as the men just got on and worked.
Pros
Leaving to go Home or Voluntary Redundancy and Payout
Cons
Pathetic Management with co-workers crawling after the bosses.
Great overall company
POSTAL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland6 March 2018
Have stayed in this job for forty years

And enjoyed most of my time here.

Have seen many changes in the way this company

Has been run . With the change over to a state own

Enterprise and a new management structure.

Changes in mail processing and the advent of some

Automation of some sort in most areas.

The entry of new product services and thier death

And rebirth in another form. And all the rest.
good company to work for, happy enviroment.
Mail process (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 February 2018
Cold starts for the employee to work together with employers. meaning by supporting each other, company looking after the workers, the workers looks after the management, by working as a team.. .
every jobs is not easy, but you just got to put smiling face and be happy, . good medicine for human life.
Just have to do all your best of the best for the job.
Pros
xmas celebration
Cons
long hours if needed on busy time
A fun place to work
DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington14 January 2018
Every day was different.
Able to progress within the workplace.
Management was fair.
Extremely diverse culture.
Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Always had fun.
Pros
Lots of social activity
Cons
Too many restructures
Awesome fun workplace
Freight sorter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato18 December 2017
Very enjoyable work place, awesome team members.
I learned customer service skills, stacking cages and maxi's.
Management was good
Workplace culture is amazing
Being geographicley minded.
Having fun whilst working with the team
Pros
Free hot chocolates
Changing and interesting environment
Branch Leader (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury10 November 2017
I enjoy working at NZ Post, every day presents a different challenge and each day you work with different people. The management know where they are going, welcome feedback on how they're going and any ideas employees may have.
Cons
six day week
A top rated New Zealand company that won awards for its management practices
Philatelic Bureau Manager (Former Employee) –  Whanganui New Zealand21 September 2017
I was responsible for Managing the entire Philatelic Bureau and my daily tasks were related to day to day administration tasks, management meetings and special projects.

I learned a lot about the stamp business, both in New Zealand and at overseas exhibitions in, China, Italy, France and London.

The Reason I was employed was to improve the Bureau workplace culture, many employees had+20 years service and we needed to gain efficiencies and modernise management practices and make technical improvements.

The hardest part of the job was selling the cultural changes.

The most enjoyable parts were when the changes were accepted and great improvements in efficiency and moral occurred.
Pros
Very wide variety of roles, including meeting a lot of people from the industry, and other overseas Postal Administrations at International Stamp Exhibitions.
Good and easy.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Papakura, Auckland23 August 2017
This job was easy as it was doing post boxes i only wish i had stayed longer as i could have done something other than just the post boxes. Learning to sort mail in such a small place had me having to remember where they had to go but the experience there was all good. I liked working there an i can only imagine what the bigger courier and post shops would be like but all in all the team and management was great.
Pros
Tea and coffee
Cons
hours not long enough but good for starters
fun workplace
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland22 August 2017
The hardest part of the Job is being on your feet the whole day but the most enjoyable is being able to assist customers needs.

Typical day at work would be having to deal with difficult customers.

Learning on the job is always a great opportunity to improve services and door opening to achieve more to help the business and own career.

Respecting each others differences and culture helps to build a bond between staff and managements.
Working for NZ Post:
Acceptance Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 July 2017
“Working at NZ Post has been a great pleasure for me. The thing I appreciate most about the company is that it has given me the opportunity to balance work and life by allowing me to work flexible hours. I managed to contribute a lot to the company and I still have time for my family. NZ Post also gives me the opportunity to work in a pleasant multicultural environment and I have very nice colleagues from different parts of the world. The management team is very good in making sure that the suggestions and opinions of employees are included in the company planning process. I am proud to have been a part of NZ Post.
A very busy and demanding job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury26 June 2017
I worked as a Customer Service Representative dealing with phone calls.The team and management around me were very supportive.It was both a positive and negative job.We were dealing with both enquiries and complaints,which sometimes were harder to resolve over the phone than face-to-face.
Each day was always different as the calls ranged from everything and anything to do with mail deliveries,costs,parcel services, to help directly for the "Posties" and other staff (to name a few of the reasons why peole called NZ Post).This was both exciting and challenging for me.
I felt though that my niche was more with people in a face-to-face situation ,so I knew I needed to move on.
Pros
The supportive staff around me and in the bigger parts of the organisition.
Cons
Working with people over the phone only.
Front Counter Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Onehunga, Auckland17 June 2017
Skills I learnt:
Cash Handling
Front Line Customer Service
Licensing and Postal Administration and Communications

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Full Job Training. 2. Successfully building Clientele trust in the products/services and company as a whole

Hardest Part of the Job: Christmas Periods

Management: Non Micromanaged Style in a friendly staff environment
Pros
Fully Trained
Cons
N/a
Fun work place
Postie (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland12 June 2017
I have worked for NZ company for over ten years . My role was a Postie , which I really enjoy doing . I have left because of medical reason but will be looking forward to go back as a part time if they give me the opportunity . The only hardest part of the job when it's rain but you will get through it . I have learned so much from this job , getting along with co workers , dealing with customers and a lot of good feed back from customers including management which motivates me to perform my best and takes me up to the next level. The most enjoyable part of the job , you get on well with work mates , working together and learn from each other ..
Cons
Reasonable hours
My Opinion working at NZ Post
Fork hoist driver, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland6 March 2017
Working at NZ post was an awesome experience, Everyday of the week was always different, it was busy and some point than it was boring because there was no work at all. I have learnt a variety of skills and knowledge within the post/warehouse industry, I can now say I am one of the best workers post had ever had due to being noticed by management bosses, The people there are awesome to work with and are very well spoken mannered, The hardest part about the job was having no work, even though I have always found something to do it wasn't enough to drag through the day till the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the industry and learning from within, gaining knowledge and proving to myself that anything is possible if you set your mind to it.
Pros
BBQ's, Shouted Dinner, Lunches. Gifts
Cons
Not enough OT