NZ Post Pay & Benefits reviews

Great company to contract in - interesting project and smart people
Snr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland1 July 2018
NZPost is one of the best companies I have contracted in. I was involved in a really interesting project that successfully delivered its business benefits (financial and non-financial)

Typical work say was working with subject matter experts and local leader to design and implement local solutions.

Part of a small team we were given a high level of autonomy to get the job done; but senior leader were readily available when guidance or direction was required.

NZPost respect the contractors who work for them and I would not hesitate to work for them again
Pros
High level of autonomy. Flexible working; Free secure parking
Cons
Location - unless you live in East Auckland the traffic is a nightmare much of the time
Enjoyable and friendly
Manager, Group Workspaces (Former Employee) –  national13 May 2018
based across East Tamaki, Auckland CBD, Wellington CBD, the job was focussing on change management using property as the catalyst.

It was me that delivered the ABW workspace still in operation at the offices in NZ Post, long after all the competition failed at theirs.

I was too good at my job, though, finishing it 18 months early - so I had to move on to pastures new ... and still look fondly on my time at NZ Post.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
free work place fun inviroment
postie (Former Employee) –  Ellerslie, Auckland29 December 2017
was a free place to work and you got a lot of benefits with the job as you could take holidays when you wanted and the job was physical so you got fit just by turning up to work. You generally finished early.
Productive and fun, friendly work place
Folding pamphlets for paper run (Former Employee) –  Rangiora, Canterbury27 June 2017
Was a good first job, it was good easy fast money but other commitments clashed with my hours. I could've done with more hours but couldn't provide me with what I needed.
Pros
Was easy fast money
Cons
Couldn't get many hours
Hardworking with tasks.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui23 January 2017
I had a very positive and fun job with tasks that you had to get to.
Sorting letters within an hour by 1400 letters.
These tasks were tested and you had to meet them.
My enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting on with the job.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
good equipment . friendly staff
postal delivery officer (Former Employee) –  Kilbirnie, Wellington28 December 2016
Good job security. Free uniform . And sometimes bonus incentives. Worked as a team. Team leaders kept you up to date with changes in workplace . But recently the future was unsure because of the cutting the number of people in the company. So redundancy was offered to those who wanted it . Which I was offered and took it .
Pros
free uniform . exercise. bonuses
Cons
long hours. being out on all kinds of weather
great job for fitness, health and wellbeing
Postie (Former Employee) –  Wellington3 June 2016
Great job - enjoyed every minute. Great staff and benefits.
Excellent work/life balance. Gained great time management skills and team work.
Pros
outside in the summer
Cons
outside in the winter
NZ Post
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Christchurch11 January 2016
Fast paced enviroment
Dealing with external and internal callers, complaints, general information, investigations.
Seeking sales leads, looking after business customers.
Supportive management and co-workers, on going training programmes to keep up to date.
Hardest part of the job is not taking things personally when you are confronted with a difficult caller
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to resolve an issue for a customer and keeping them happy.
Pros
Great company to work for, good pay and benefits
Cons
productive and great place to work
senior mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N30 November 2015
management totally involved and great support for team leaders and production floor managers .mail center staff became a huge family great place to work,hence many staff had long service ie once you joined benefits for advancement and personal growth were actively .encouraged.[.very rewarding careers,always on offer] would encourage school leavers to find this company an exciting place to work in ..
Pros
opportunies for advancement.decent meal breaks.
Cons
long hours.but very rewarding ie job satisfaction great.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellington Central, Wellington23 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Friendly and helpful colleagues. Always busy and multi tasking at times. Great experience!
Pros
Staff benefits
Very active
Postie (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N10 October 2014
I really enjoyed my job. I was able to work really well with my co-workers. I was able to do my work and also have time to spend with my family.
Pros
short hours
Cons
bad weather
Fairly orgainised
mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Papakura, Auckland24 September 2014
I can say that this job has given me the confidence to become tuned into the work scene, as this was my first job. The pay was good and the hours were even better. The employer was kind enough to help me on things I did not understand, but he was very helpful.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fun and Excellent compant to work for.
Motorcycle postie (Former Employee) –  Rosedale and Waiuku(Pukekohe).28 February 2014
Being an ex motorcycle postie, my memory of working for New Zealand post have always been good ones. Great people and very supportive of their employees. I would consider returning to work for them.
Pros
Good pay and incentives
Cons
Can be long days
Mail officer
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, N5 February 2014
working as a mail office is really challenging, because you have to make sure mails and parcels are correctly sorted and at right place to be.. We have to work according to work procedures. I have learnt a lot from this job getting to memorize and learn about new zealand geography, street, roads and different areas. I get along with all the co workers in a multicultural environment. Team work was the most important thing which we have to help each other.
Every day is different. sometimes busy sometimes not i like this job is because the benefits for the workers was good and the hardest part is hard to get more hours.. I only work as a temp on contract.
My overall experience while working with New Zealand Post was epic. I loved working there!!!
Revenue Protector (Former Employee) –  Airport Oaks Manukau Auckland4 November 2013
Two days were never the same.
I could end up anywhere within the company, helping out other areas.
I was always given opportunities to advance and to up skill.
I was always made aware what my rights were and what I can sign up for, like company benefits and superannuation.
Pros
Awesome social clubs, not only for workers but for their children too.
Cons
Early morning hours?? I suppose its not a real con but that's all I could come up with.
avereg
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Highbrook10 September 2013
work was easy the hardest part was getting so little pay for a hard days work
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay
Good hours and awsome jobs
postie for botany (Former Employee) –  highbrook15 August 2013
I loved being outdoors when delivering mail.Also liked the fact that i got to meet alot of people and geography.The hours were also a bonus because im a mum and that was handy for me
Pros
good breaks
Cons
short hours
Great team enviorment
Mail Officer (Former Employee) –  Taupo Box :Lobby14 August 2012
I enjoy the presure of meeting deadlines and customer enquiries. To ensure customer needs are met.
Pros
co workers and incentives from nz post
Cons
short staffed some times.