NZ Transport Agency
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NZ Transport Agency Employee Reviews

New Zealand8 reviews
Empowered and respected
Challenging role and tasks to gain opportunity for experience gathering. Great social interaction to build excellent working relationships with staff, management and external customers, and sense of feeling we are making difference for the people.
Desparate place to work
Totally dysfunctional organisation headed by utterly incompetent management. A range of potentially interesting projects cannot compensate for a culture of under-achievement.
Pros
Morning Teas
Cons
Incompetent management
Technical control of vehicle standards
NZTA control the Low Volume Vehicle standards, and have made big improvements in the last few years. I have no further comments to make on NZTA or on Land transport Safety Authority
Prefer not to review
The hardest part of the job is we are on a roster schedule. I can have a roster from 8.00am to 4.30pm and then I can be on a roster from 11.30am-8pm. This is a negative for me as I live 45 mins from work and working the late hours in the winter does take it's toll. No two days are the same which is what I enjoy in a job
Fun and productive worklace
Nothing typical in the day it can change at the drop of the hat and is fast paced. from answering the telephone to counter enquiries. Fixing the staff equipment issues to lodging boxes to go to off site storage.
Learning how to be on the information team to provide support to the office when new programmes are rolled out and be there for flight bookings and catering requests.

I work with the National Fleet Manager helping with the vehicles.

hardest part of the job is learning who does what and being able to say no I can not do that right now but can tomorrow.

The friendships that you build with the staff locally and nationally and the customers who come in to visit
Pros
meeting a variety of people
Work and life balance
Great place to work, and to mold with new team members, a place to grow within your career and well looked after . really enjoyed working with a small team and the skills i developed in my short time at NZ Transport Agency
Pros
great team members and work relationships
Cons
stationary and no variance within the role
Intensive and Exciting
Varied and interesting work, always busy. A great team to work with. Hardest part of the position was there was never enough time in a day and many deadlines to be met. The most enjoyable part of the job there were always new challenges and changes to keep up with.
a really good p[lace to work
Productive work.place but now less budget causing job cuts.Enjoyed five years of taxi regulating,meeting stakeholders and travelled around new Zealand. Learned a lot of industry related legislations and stakeholder engagements. Met all sorts of core workers who were intellegent and hardworking,skilled at the same time some who were lazy and non productive.
hardest part of the job was a bleak future as three restructures occured within five years.

Most enjoyable part was that it allowed flexi work time.
Pros
free transport
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NZ Transport Agency. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9