NZME
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NZME Employee Reviews

Young & Vibrant Workplace
Cool place to work and be among the action.

It was just quite hard in my department to progress through the ranks. I had to leave to improve my salary which I have to say is great for newly graduated students or juniors but after 2 years' experience you'll need to to increase that.
Pros
Busy
Cons
low wages
A fantastic and fun place to work...for most people
NZME is THE place to work in New Zealand media. It does a lot of things right, but it does get a few things wrong, and it's mostly down to communication.

The staff there are mostly very friendly, the problem is the company is not very well connected in terms of communication and nobody knows anybody outside their arms reach it seems. If you're in a department like I was where most of the team was away on certain days, you can spend a whole day without speaking to anyone in the office, despite there being 1000+ people wandering around. Not a great place to be 'new' at, but people are nice when they know you.

There seems to be a real effort put into making it a fun place to work. It has a fully functional bar and the friday night drinks are the best in town! They will often get famous people in to perform for staff too. However, because everyone is so busy and doing different hours it's something not everyone can enjoy and a lot of people miss out.

Also, the usual uncertainty of media jobs applies here as well and a lot of people are genuinely fearful for their jobs. In my experience to date, that's normal of every company like this though.
enjoyable work
Fun work place with see peoples with theirs kid. Some time also see green safety man which direct witd people. Also have been seen school children and professional .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NZME?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NZME. Our community is ready to answer.
4.7