NZSki
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

NZSki Employee Reviews

A New Zealand (Queenstown) based ski resort. Working at NZSki allowed for a good work/life balance - break times can be spent on the slopes and there are plenty of organised activities and social events available.
nice place to work very supportive gave me freedom and encouragement to gain my level one instructors licence which was taught on the mountain over a week
Pros
free lessons
Cons
bad food waste management
Fairly standard waiter job, high volume, fast paced at times but mostly consistent in its pace. Team was great, shifts weren't too long and the work itself was never too taxing.
Whether the snow is falling or the sun is shining there is always something to be done and a heap of fun to be had up the mountains. A great team effort!
Worked on a ski resort, was able to snowboard at work. Managers and supervisors were amazing, shame I can't say the same about the salary. That being said, I would still be working there today if my work visa hadn't expired.
Pros
Ski/snowboard on lunch break
Cons
Poor salary
Fun workplace. free lift pass. good team members. early starts. hours depend on weather conditions. cheaper food at work. low wage. management generally good
A typical day would be showing up to work and attending different line ups, you had about six. If you got a lesson you would then take them out for either one, two, three or six hour lesson segments. More often then not you would have a two hour slot unless you where in a private lesson. I learned how to function on a ever changing environment and move my lesson and thinking quickly to be effective in the environment. Management was great they looked out for people and if they where getting enough work.
Pros
snowboarding everyday
Cons
not enough consistent work.
I enjoyed this job and being able to work on the snow with customers. How ever working in a company that employed seasonal staff, you could feel that their attitude was different to other companies. I did feel like I was replaceable. Howe ever I did do 4 winters with them, and I focused on the parts of the job that I enjoyed and could grow in.
Over all a really fun out going company. Great management and rewards system. Good work/ life balance Steady hours and reasonable breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NZSki?