O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews

Could be so much better
Production Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Alloa19 September 2019
The management, cheat, lie and their integrity is non existent. I feel so sorry for the BIG name clients which they have whom pay money for products - in my opinion are not safe or fit for purpose. For that reason I have chosen not to buy/use products which include some of my favourite brands as I know exactly the shady processes the Scottish factory uses to make them.
any wonder they
Overall loved Owens Illinois, management unfair
Selector/Picker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA10 September 2019
Owens Illinois is a very dangerous job. Making sure you are hydrated and constantly drinking water is the key to surviving in such hot conditions. All of my co workers were very nice and supportive. Swing shifts are not as bad as people make them out to be. Once you get the hang of them your body can adjust. The only negative thing about Owens Illinois is their HR representative.
Work
Load Builder (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX7 September 2019
I liked the work there, very easy going work ethic. Running the automated machine wasnt hard to learn. The management wasnt to good due to the fact that they never communicated things going on with the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of communication from upper management
Buena empresa
ayudante general (Former Employee) –  Toluca, Méx.2 September 2019
Empresa dedicada a la manofacura de envases de vidrio. Cuenta con comedor prestaciones de ley. Puedes hacer antigüedad. Puedes aspirar a un mejor sueldo con los años.
Uma firma muito boa
operador de empilhadeira/conferente (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP1 September 2019
Benefícios para os funcionários, convênio médico, ticket.
Uma empresa excelente de trabalho, poderia ser melhor se estivesse um RH humanos e os supervisores mais humano também.
Assistente Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Cisper31 August 2019
Empresa é excelente, os benefícios o salário, trabalhei 17 anos depois que fiquei doente me mandaram embora.
Pros
Benefícios e salários.
Cons
Chefias tem que melhorar um pouco mais.
Ótima
Auxiliar de selecionador (Former Employee) –  São Paulo, SP30 August 2019
Empresa muito boa ambiente ótimo de trabalha ótimos benefícios, fácil acesso.
Good Benefits and Salary but weekly rotating shift is very difficult
Shift Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA28 August 2019
Terminated for violation of attendance policy due to diagnosed disease ( Valley Fever ) after 8 years of being an exemplary employee. Very unhappy with MGMT and Union persons involved.
Pros
Good Benefits and Salary
Cons
Poor Work Environment
satisfactory
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 August 2019
satisfactory
I was happy with working at OI. I have a great manager, challangening job and have met exciting customers. Opportunity for advancement is available.
Es una super empresa comprometida a trabajar los envases de vidrio y con mucha igiene, al igual a mantener la integridad de los trabajadores
Revisión y empacado de producto (Former Employee) –  Revisión decorado27 August 2019
Recomiendo íntegramente la empresa, y me encantaría volver a trabajar en ella, en alguna oportunidad. Gracias O-I.
It sucks
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CA27 August 2019
The schedule is garbage. The only good thing about this place is the pay You work seven days a week on a rotating schedule. Graveyard is the worse
Good company to work for
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lausanne, VD27 August 2019
O-I provides it's employees a good working environment. There are good career development opportunities in Europe and globally.

O-I seeks to be the market innovator.
Ambiente laboral muy agradable
Intendente de Produccion (Former Employee) –  Venezuela20 August 2019
Empresa con grandes valores de desarrollo de sus empleados con profesionalismo a los logros y estandarte de calidad Mundial
Empresa excelente para se trabalha.
Comprador Pleno (Former Employee) –  Recife, PE20 August 2019
A O-I foi uma empresa fundamental para o meu conhecimento profissional.
Team was collaborative; Senior Leadership was unprofessional and vindictive
Director (Former Employee) –  Corporate18 August 2019
Hardest part of the job was navigating deceitful / vindictive senior leadership. Some senior leadership enjoyed tearing employees down - demoralizing employees. The team that I led was consistently degraded by 1 senior member of leadership. These were long term employees who had very successful careers until this person was put in charge. The results were low morale, less collaborative work, and constant fear.
Uma das melhores empresa no rio de janeiro
Op. de Máquina 1 (Former Employee) –  Jacaré, RJ11 August 2019
Empresa dinâmica agradável de trabalhar tem boa gestão de lideres.
Pros
refeição muito boa na empresa.
Cons
tivemos a ultima gestão muito regular.
Work overload
Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH11 August 2019
This is a very common aspect of work overload. Due to turn overs and voluntary separations, positions are not quickly filled, thus requiring other employees to cover the gap. This at times can go for months or years. This creates work overload and to an extent inefficiency.
Management is horrible
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lapel, IN10 August 2019
There i's no communication..the men treat you with disrespect an talk to you in a nasty manner you tell management an they tell you deal with it. The smoke in the hiding places over half including management do drugs an drink on site
Swing shifts
Lehr Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Toano, VA3 August 2019
Swing shifts are aweful... feel like you have no life.... no sick time... not enough vacation time.. easy job tho.. lack of communication.. barely get to see your fam because of swing shift... always tired...
Great job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Toano, VA2 August 2019
Great place yo work and make good money. You could go in on your off days and make overtime whenever you want.Every week you get paid. Opportunities to move around in the company also.