O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Review

Dysfunctional

28 January 2015
Management style is flavor of the month. In 12 years watched the company go from a traditional management to engaging people by creating a "wellness culrure", to "people are like rubber bands, you have to keep them under constant tension."

Company has no concept of preventive maintenance or process control. They do run the process faster than the capabilities and blame the operators for production instability. Equipment is not maintained and the atmosphere is a constant crisis management.

There is no understanding of safety. Facility averages 12 to 16 recordable per year. The biggest challenge to safety is constantly fighting process instability and being distracted from the surrounding hazards.

Production, safety, and work culture were all better before Al Stroken scrapped the Wellness Culture concept and desired hr to be a "profit center". Corporate resources were better before they laid off 1/3 of the Tech Center days before Christmas a couple years ago.
Pros
Health insurance for Union is a Cadillac plan
Cons
Dysfunctional management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I (Owens-Illinois). Our community is ready to answer.