O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Pretty decent job
I have expanded my experience and skills throughout the many years of working for the company.
You have to pay attention to detail and stay alert.

Safety is key for employees as well as the customers.
Unsatisfactory
I had to leave sich an terrible workplace..people were miserable, but people put up with it bc they needed a paycheck. Felt racial tension ..in a black city, all upper management was white...
No good
Love this company
The best company Ive worked for by far. Very go pay and many ways to elevate within company. 8hrs days with possibility of overtime. Great environment to work in. Best management in the business.
Company has been around a long time and was sad to hear of the closing.
Really laid back when you learn the procedure. Supervisor was a nice guy. Hardest part of the job was rotating shifts. Most enjoyable was my comrades. Great group of people to spend 8 hours with.
Pros
compensation for working overtime and holidays.
Family oriented environment... I love my co-workers and the job I do
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world's largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world's leading food and beverage brands. The Company had revenues of $6.9 billion in 2017 and employs more than 26,500 people at 78 plants in 23 countries. With global headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio, O-I delivers safe, sustainable, pure, iconic, brand-building glass packaging to a growing global marketplace.
Pros
Wages, benefits, close to home
Cons
Scheduling... away from family
It was good
It was a great place to work. great location and co workers. opportunity for advancement and easy to call in sick or takea day off. benefits and pay raises
Great Place to work
O-I is a great place to work. The environment is calm and rewarding. We have great supervisors who care about the employees. the work is steady work, and there is Job security.
stressful place to work
The building is over 50 years old and has not had any upgrades to this day. all the machines are run down and makes bad product but yet blames all the problems on the employees.when it rains outside it rains and makes big puddles of water inside the building also. All the supervisor has real bad attitudes with employee.there is no team work within this company at all ,it seems that no one likes one another, which is why the company is failing.has random big layoffs
pay Is great just were closing
The company is always stating it’s close to closing our plant. We have to do more to keep the doors open, but when you need parts to fix a machine. There is no money or we can’t get that part. This culture has lead to just about every machine pieced together and barley running. The last year management has tried to get a pm system running but with out parts and time to rebuild equipment there is really no point.
Pros
None anymore with threats of us closing
Cons
We’re closing our plant
Work is hard but the pay is good. Productive and good benefits. Lacking on some management levels. Rotating shift schedule. Major holidays off. Healthcare, Life insurance, 401K offered. Good salary and opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Healthcare
OI Review
The company has 80 plants world wide. The Atlanta plant is one of the older sites and it is being determined if the site will close. A great deal of the equipment is older and needs to be replaced.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Very little capital to make improvements
Good Hourly Rate for HS Grads
Management yells and curses employees. Atlanta facility was not profitable for 10+ years. Plantation environment, with restrooms that are nasty and have been for years. You would only use the restrooms standing up..
Pros
Hourly employees rate and manager bonuses
Cons
Very negative environment for employees, unprofessional management, poor quality work life and a 1960s work environment..
Pretty good pay, but in exchange for your personal life
Very high pace, and very challenging, which is what keeps me coming back!

Be ready to hit the ground running, learn on the fly, and get your hands dirty. This is great management job for those that do not like to sit in front of a computer all day.

Typically a good day is in at 6:30 am and out by 4:30 pm for most management. Plus on call weekends

24/7 manufacturing operation including almost all holidays.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Insurance Benifits
Cons
Even salary managers have to be ready to work nights, weekends, and holidays on short notice
Horrible Sweat shop
The most dysfunctional work place I have ever worked. Management vs Hourly. This place will not be open much longer. No professionalism. Management team by far are the most unprofessional Un educated rednecks in Georgia !!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
To many to mention
Great pay that's all
Company is judgmental and not willing to train new employees the way they should. They will place you on the floor with no training and you just have to figure out the way to operate machines on your own. Supervisors are not helpful at all either
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Employees and supervisors are not willing to train you on the machines
Learning type job
Work 8 hour shift face pace job, keeps you busy and I learn how glass is made. Management was not that great at listen to employee suggestion about how job could be ran better.I enjoy my co-workers they understood the team work. When people didn't come to work and pick up the slack do more than one job at time. My days off!
A great place to work.
You come in do your job and you go home. The management team treats you with respect. You work with people who has a lot of knowledge about there job. The hardest thing when work up on platforms is the stairs. You are constantly going up and down them all shift. In closing I say again it is a great place to work.
Pros
Overtime is your choice. It's not mandatory.
Cons
Work environment it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Owens
A typical day at work is hot with a lot to do. i learned how to run the packers and carton machines my coworkers are nice and most will help you if needed the hardest part of my job is the swing shift
Pros
money
Cons
swing swift
boring place to work but pay is good
This is not a company for someone like myself
Benefits and compensation are great

Unionized job
Pros
good money
Cons
no life with rotating shifts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I (Owens-Illinois). Our community is ready to answer.