O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews in Auburn, NY

Good place to work.
The company is struggling to change its culture from top down driven to empowerment. Overall good place to work if you are in a plant that serves a growth area. ie. Food or liquor.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Poor training. Struggling with shrink market.
Productive, fun, stressful place to work.
Good place to work if you don’t mind giving up your free time. In my role the phone rang all hours of the day and night and had to be answered. We were compensated for our time, but cost too much in my personal life.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, good benefits
Cons
Expected to take calls all hours of the night, even on vacation.
Very fast paced
Union environment, was very difficult to hold people accountable. Not enough support from upper management, and human resources. Shift work, with rotating schedules from days to nights.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days, crazy schedule
Monitor Line Flow Technician
• Inspection of quality of finalized products with appropriate documentation of detailed results
• Loading and unload trailers from ground level or platforms

• Assembled, sorted, placed and labeled product containers prior to shipping

• Ensure all loaded items are done so in accordance to company protocol
Good pay and benefits
The pay is great. 401k,medical,dental and pension plan are good also. Management has changed in the last 5 years. Advancement isn't easy to obtain even with experience.
Grueling tedious work
12 hour shifts of fast passed work. Supervisor snaps easily and the palletizer job can be stressful.
O-I Review
O-I is a global glass container manufacturing company with a plant in Auburn, NY that I am affiliated with. I have enjoyed my experience at O-I thus far and hope for a promising future. I would recommend employment at O-I to others.
Nice place
This was a nice place to work for and always busy. I was a temp and knew I would not be hired on, I was sent to get a job done and that's what I did. The hardest part is to get everyone to work as a team, I learned to stay on top of thing or they would fall through the cracks fast.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
No one wanted to work as a team
Great Company to work for
I liked the people I worked with and the management system as well kept things going smoothly and when problems happened they were solved properly .
Hard Work Pays off
Work constantly changes depending on a number of factors (which, as a matter of fact, is good!) Sorting, packaging/repackaging, QC and cleanup.

Learned the many processes and checks needed in a manufacturing environment. A lot required to produce a successful and profitable product.

Management was mediocre. Union/salary not always in the best interest of the worker. Conflict of interests/turns a blind eye. Sustaining true professional individuals on payroll below standards.

Truthfully, job security a daily issue. Too many if's, when's, who's, outsourcing.

Certainly, lot's of time off, the pay was terrific and the benefits are outstanding!
Pros
benefits, pay, time off
Cons
mediocre overhead both union/salary, unprofessional/amateurish individuals hired on
Ask a question about working or interviewing at O-I (Owens-Illinois). Our community is ready to answer.