O-I (Owens-Illinois)

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews in Streator, IL

stressful and no direction
Maintenance manager (Current Employee) –  Streator, IL28 October 2019
In Management we work very long hours and several days straight without any time off. it is expected to be on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. even when on holiday.
Worst working environment ever
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Streator, IL4 May 2019
From the top managers on down absolutely nothing but negativity. Never a good comment to the employees. Most of the management will not even carry a normal conversation with the hourly employees FORCED mandatory overtime if you like it or not. If you turn down a mandatory double shift you will get points for absenteeism. Constantly under staffed shifts and therefore someone is going to get forced into a double shift. The absolute worst maintained machines and are literally falling apart. Constantly getting switched around to different shifts. If are a family person do yourself a favor and AVOID working at Owens. Divorce rate here is astronomical! Have “wanna-be” union supervisors that are actually worse than the company supervisors. The only good thing there is the co-workers.
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
Very very WEAK union
Schedule
Forming Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Streator, IL18 March 2019
In my position I am responsible for production. The people I have on my crew are team players. I never have any issues with anyone performing a task they are expected to perform.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No cons
Work ethic
Forming Process Specialist Manager (Current Employee) –  Streator, IL18 March 2019
The coworkers I work with work as a team. I am in a leadership role and we all work together. This is a great company to work for. I am able to balance out my work and home life.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Distance
Great pay good benefits
Carton assembler (Current Employee) –  Streator, IL31 January 2018
Love working here. Pay is great. I don't intend to leave. Only thing that isn't great is swing shift but the pay makes up for that. Managment at my plant seems to care about the employees.
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
Swing shift
bad hours
Heavy machine operator (Former Employee) –  Streator, IL28 December 2017
You work a swing shift, so 5 days on day shift, then 5 on midnights, and 5 on afternoons so your sleeping schedule is never good. There is almost always unlimited overtime.
Worst possible "training"
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Streator, IL6 August 2017
Absolutely no training culture. You are thrown on a line or machine and expected to know what to do. If it were not for the other operators taking time away from their job to help you would have to learn it on your own and are bound to have problems. The one so-called training instructor constantly rolls her eyes when you ask her a question. No personality what so ever. The supervisors are expecting people to do a job who have had little to no training. Starting pay and benefits are good but between poor training and rotating shifts I and others are already looking for other employment opportunities.
Pros
Met a lot of nice coworkers
Cons
Extremely poor training
Great advancement opportunities with relocation
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Streator, IL19 April 2017
Great place to advance your career with relocation. Long work days and on call 24/7. Great work culture. Learned how to lead people. Willing to teach and train.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Work/life balance
Excellent pay and benefits
Laborer/Forklift Operator/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Streator, IL15 October 2014
Rotating shifts with excellent compensation as an hourly employee paid holidays and excellent OT pay. Opporunity for advancement was good except to a salary position.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
long hours as salary employee not compensated