O-I (Owens-Illinois)

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews in Vernon, CA

It sucks
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CA27 August 2019
The schedule is garbage. The only good thing about this place is the pay You work seven days a week on a rotating schedule. Graveyard is the worse
My summary
Assistant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CA23 December 2017
It was tough to work with staff. I learned many responsibilities
Fun to work with coworkers that knew their daily tasks. Days went faster on a good day. Working with supervisors on a daily basis was very stressful, because they all want things done in a timely manner.
alot of laughs
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CA13 September 2017
drove a forklift all day. management was fair. the hardest part of the job was working rotating shifts. the good part was meeting new people and friends. I learned computer skills.
Pros
lunch room
Cons
odd hours
productive and busy if you work a rotating shift.
WAREHOUSE SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CA2 August 2017
Rotating can be time consuming no real work/life balance, pay is good for entry level. room for advancement. Hardest part of the job is rotating a 7 day work week getting one day off then going graveyard.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
rotating shift
good job
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CA1 March 2017
I been working here for 2 weeks already and let me tell you, the job and pay is great. The only negative thing I have about this company is that management doesnt have good Communication with the new employees. What I mean about that is that I have to go ask what time Im coming in and what time i come out mostly everyday. thats all . overall the company is great
Pros
pay
Cons
rotating shifts
Productive workplace with no pressure
CARTON ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CA26 September 2016
The supervisors and employees are friendly to work with. The job itself is very tedious, very repetitive, but over all enjoyable. The hardest part is the lifting. The machines are simple to figure out and easy to get control of. For what this job pays just to start the work is worth it.
Pros
The people, the pay
Cons
Schedule, Rotating shift
Great place to work at! I have gained tremendous Labor Relations experience with O-I
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CA29 March 2016
I usually start around 5 AM and leave at 5 PM. With approximately 300 employees, it's can be challenging at times.

Pros
Great team
Cons
Need more challenges !