O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews for Continuous Improvement Manager

Good place to work.
The company is struggling to change its culture from top down driven to empowerment. Overall good place to work if you are in a plant that serves a growth area. ie. Food or liquor.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Poor training. Struggling with shrink market.
They want to do right but appear not to know how
Overall they are sincere hardworking people. The challenges they face are not trivial. They live in a hugely competitive world. As usual with most big corporations, the corporate people tend to be thinkers and planners. The operational people (plant level) tend to be those with a bias for doing and acting quickly. The plant level is fast-paced due to end-to-end, connected, continuous processing. There is little tolerance for waiting when anything breaks. Hold on to your hat at the plant level.
Hard work, great potential, long term resident managers need to retire
Great place to work, some managers stay too long and should have retired long ago. CEO trying to improve culture and moral and doing a pretty good job! Hourly work force varies by plant, but overall committed to making a quality product. Too many executive overhead positions - could be seriously stream-lined from corporate management perspective and put some positions back into the plants.