O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Forklift Operator8 reviews
I am a lift driver in the warehouse. I know my job and what is expected of me. I am left to do my job with no one breathing down my neck (except occassional extra projects). I work a straight 8 hours and no mandatory o.t. It is rotating shifts, which is the toughest part of the job. I receive my schedule for the whole year in advance. I can plan out other activities accordingly. My supervisor is great at approving day off requests on work days. I like it here. It is steady to fast paced. My work day goes by fast. My warehouse co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
No mandatory o.t.! Good pay, benefits, etc.
Cons
Rotating shifts are definitely hard to get use to, but there are straight shift positions available every so often (by seniority)
Pay is unheard of for the industry! Had some great memories working for O-I Overall Great place to work with many great benefits and great employees!
I would not recommend this place for employment. The salary is great benefits good. Employees with 10 plus years and management makes the work environment hostile & harassing
Pros
salary
Cons
employees with 10 years & management
O-I was a good place to work the only complaint is that I didn't like was swing shift schedule I am not a job jumper I would still be working there if they were still producing containers .
Pros
Good pay for basically unskilled labor .
Cons
Swing shift is very hard to get use to as well as very hard on marriages and relationships.
drove a forklift all day. management was fair. the hardest part of the job was working rotating shifts. the good part was meeting new people and friends. I learned computer skills.
Pros
lunch room
Cons
odd hours
The pay is great. 401k,medical,dental and pension plan are good also. Management has changed in the last 5 years. Advancement isn't easy to obtain even with experience.
Rotating shifts with excellent compensation as an hourly employee paid holidays and excellent OT pay. Opporunity for advancement was good except to a salary position.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
long hours as salary employee not compensated
I loved working for owens. Very good pay and very cool people, they do let people get away with pretty much anything thow. they need to do more drug testing and fire people instead of letting them just go to rehab and come back to work.
Pros
The pay is very god
Cons
Shift work gets old and working with alcholics and drug addicts