O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews for Maintenance Mechanic

Maintenance Mechanic3 reviews
O-I has been a great place for me. They have treated me fairly and has as much overtime as you can handle. There was always something that needed to be done.
Started at company 8+yrs ago, facility is old, equipment is old and antiquated, maintained by good staff, but shortfunded by management for last 5-6yrs, with the addition of outdated parts and OS that are difficult to aquire, mostly 80's plc style controls, horrendous 28 rotating shift schedule
OI is a good place to make good money if you are single and plan on staying that way, or if your kids are grown. But if you have young children or are beginning a marriage, it is the worst. They rotate your schedule weekly, and 90% of the time you work on the weekends. So forget about your social life. their "weekend" is really a gap of only 48 hours, literally, oh and by the way on a new schedule, like from swing to graveyards. this is detrimental to your health and biological clock, not to mention the lack of sleep puts you in a bad mood all the time. Like most other places, supervisors favor kiss ashes, they give the brown nosers the jobs they want, and give the dirtier jobs to people they don't like. There is absolutely no training, and most senior employees don't want to show you anything.
Pros
good pay, paid lunch
Cons
weekly rotating, no pension