O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews for Mechanic

Mechanic6 reviews
pay Is great just were closing
The company is always stating it’s close to closing our plant. We have to do more to keep the doors open, but when you need parts to fix a machine. There is no money or we can’t get that part. This culture has lead to just about every machine pieced together and barley running. The last year management has tried to get a pm system running but with out parts and time to rebuild equipment there is really no point.
Pros
None anymore with threats of us closing
Cons
We’re closing our plant
Unstable work environment
The management structure has had several major restructurings in the past two years. Each time job security takes a hit. What use to be a fairly stable job has become a day by day uncertainty.
I miss this job
Working at OI was great, but they closed the plant I worked at. I miss it everyday!
The feel of a sinking ship with decent pay
everything is falling apart, the stress to keep up is damaging.
Pros
Acceptable Wages
Cons
Not enough people to do what needs done.
pay is competative w/ 401k match
Hardest part is the rotating shifts. Typical hours work is 7 with a paid lunch time. The hardest part is to repair down machines as fast as possible.
Bullies and harassment in the work place.
I belive O-I was doing their best to prevent bullies and harassment in the work place. The bullies stopped for a while, than it got worse. Reporting this kind of trouble, only caused the harassment to get worse. New management only added to the problem, for they did not know the history of these bullies and lazy maintenance employees. I finally could not handle it anymore, so I gave notice to quit. I loved working the shift I was assigned, and had no problems with any of the employees on that shift. Sorry, bullies sometimes get away with harassment. Thank You. JMG
Pros
free lunches, medical check ups
Cons
bullies got away with harassment, and set you to fail.