O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews for Quality Control Inspector

Crewleader
Fast paced environment making decisions based on safety and quality. Rotating shift work can be tiring, one must pace and balance theirself and eat healthy.
WAS a decent place to work
Put a good amount of time in, and still out a job. Great pay, great benefits, some great leaders in management. Unhealthy work schedule. Everything seniority based. High school environment.
Productively delivering a great product for customer satisfaction.
Ensure inspection equipment is clean and running property so customers receives a great finish product. Mgts good to work with. The hardest part is swing shift.
Pros
Good benifits and pay
Cons
swing shift
Last 10 years quality don't exist
I learned how to make glass,check quality, measures and especifications, a lot of good co-workers and few good managements, and the hardest part of my job it was don't have good tools to do my work (always said no money to buy) and the most enjoyable part of my job, when I saw the bottles (good bottles) in the stores or winery full of liquid and ready to sale
Pros
Chance to get diferents kinds of work
Cons
To many supervisors (to many changes)
Quality control
I loved working at O.I. Canada, being employed there for 20 years I learned so much. I did so many different jobs starting with palletizing, to making cartons in the carton loft. My most satisfying job was quality control. I was incharge of the quality of ware going to the customer, cutting, measuring and gauging the glass. Working for so long with the company, I felt that it was my second home and they were all my family.
Pros
Being 100% satisfied that when my glass was shipped, the customer would have no complaints.
O-I Review
O-I is a global glass container manufacturing company with a plant in Auburn, NY that I am affiliated with. I have enjoyed my experience at O-I thus far and hope for a promising future. I would recommend employment at O-I to others.