O-I (Owens-Illinois)
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews for Repair Technician

Repair Technician4 reviews
Good Place to work with good pay
This is a good Place to work. Was very hot on the hot end of the plant. Good pay and benefits. Lots of overtime available to work if you want it.
Poor
Too much management. Top heavy and treat hourly like second hand help. They have an hr woman who acts like the plant manager and they try to change the leadership structure way too often making you feel like you have 4 different bosses at any given time. They pay well but everyone that works there hates their jobs they just know they can’t make that much money anywhere else. I am happy to not be with them anymore
Productive & Positive Work Experience
Working at Owens was a rewarding experience with plenty of advancement opportunities. The rotating shifts were a little hard getting used to but it was pretty flexible.
It was a great place to work. Our foremans were very knowledgeable
Whether I was working on mechanical assemblies or wiring machines, it seems like we had new and interesting jobs quite often. I learned quite a lot about hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical assembly. Management at our plant were very capable, but the last machine that was engineered as state of the art from Toledo Engineering was a mess. It was ultimately how I lost my job, because they decided to buy our machines from another vendor.
As far as co-workers, we had the usual amount of workers who were difficult and gave people a hard time, but most of our guys were a good lot to work with.

The hardest part of the job for me was being bent over a box for 12 hours when we were doing work in section boxes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good machine run in, and being ahead of schedule.
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacation and holidays and schooling.
Cons
Communications problems between union and company officials.