O-I (Owens-Illinois)

O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Review

View all O-I (Owens-Illinois) reviews

I like my job.
Warehouse Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CA17 June 2018
I am a lift driver in the warehouse. I know my job and what is expected of me. I am left to do my job with no one breathing down my neck (except occassional extra projects). I work a straight 8 hours and no mandatory o.t. It is rotating shifts, which is the toughest part of the job. I receive my schedule for the whole year in advance. I can plan out other activities accordingly. My supervisor is great at approving day off requests on work days. I like it here. It is steady to fast paced. My work day goes by fast. My warehouse co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
No mandatory o.t.! Good pay, benefits, etc.
Cons
Rotating shifts are definitely hard to get use to, but there are straight shift positions available every so often (by seniority)

Other O-I (Owens-Illinois) Employee Reviews

Great pay for summer intern position
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CA16 February 2020
Great pay for summer intern position. Would like a longer job but not currently avail.

My average work day consisted of stacking, sorting and packing bottles.
Difficult to balance safety with production goals
Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TX16 February 2020
Owens-Illinois is a company with many challenges to balance workplace safety with production goals. Management means to prioritize the health and safety of its employees but often finds themselves at odds with production goals.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Safety vs production goal balance