Oakley
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oakley Employee Reviews

really ,awesome place always some activities going on ..Red Bull downhill racing, food & party's, everyday is different at Oakley. always new goals and deadlines to hit & always some issue that need to be fixed, but always having fun , Play hard work hard
A sports type of store where you have to talk a lot with customers because you sell specific things.

Compared to many other companies, this one can be said to be fair.
Everyone there is super nice and helpful and want to see you succeed. Always learn something new about the product. Most days are stress free. Best retail experience I've ever had
Pros
Amazing deals on Oakley's, and get to work in MoA
Cons
Oakley is a great place to work. The atmosphere in an Oakley store is second to none and my coworkers make me look forward to coming in to work. It is retail, so we focus a lot on sales and keeping the store tidy for our customers. If you are new to sales or want some more experience then this is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun coworkers
Cons
Lower pay compared to other companies
After almost 15 years with the company, they are so proud to offer 1 month severance and made you feel that they thought hard about giving the severance.
While working at Oakley Livermore, I am pretty sure my coworkers and supervisors barely cared about me, if at all. I worked hard, always met my sales goals, had great customer service, and did what was asked of me, yet I was treated with little to no respect or recognition.

There is very little flexibility on hours - management gets upset if you ask to change yours and will never let you get 40+ in a week to prevent you from qualifying as a full time employee. Hours are also used as a reward/punishment for sales - if you don't sell, you don't get hours. I always sold pretty well so this didn't impact me, but I think it made for a very negative work environment. In addition, this is an incredibly sales-driven job, yet there is nothing resembling a sales commission. I get that it's a minimum wage sales job and it's not going to be glamorous, but in my opinion, value allocation and rewards systems in this company are seriously messed up and unfair. In any case, no one asked me what I thought the whole time I was there, so my opinion certainly doesn't matter.

The mall itself is also not the best place to work at generally. It gets incredibly crowded in the summer with international tourists. Parking is impossible during peak hours. I found myself contending with language barriers constantly - which is fine, just very difficult at times. (That's not to mention class barriers - be prepared to be treated like a coat rack and errand boy by rich customers with no respect for a lowly sales associate.)

I'm not sure how my experience compares to others' at this company or in other
 - more...
Pros
Discount on any food sold at the mall, in-store employee discount
Cons
Negative work environment
I really loved working for Oakley. A typical day would be to talk to customers, clean lenses, fix up the store, and do some product training. Really not a hard job. It's really what you make of it! I learned better selling techniques. The store manager is the BEST. He truly was a book of Oakley knowledge. Oakley has great culture, they give you staff dress, free glasses on your 1 year, and then holiday shirts. The hardest part of the job was keeping the energy up for selling and the very old computers. My favorite part of the day was getting new sun glass shipments, we would try everything on it was so much fun. On the weekend we would open the doors, turn up the music, and just keep the atmosphere upbeat for our customers.
All managers were very immature and didn't have enough experiences as a manager at our store.(and in my working timeframe.) There are so many stores all over the U. S, so it really depends on the stores and especially if the store manager is good, and more chances you'll be able to get the great work experiences.
Good environmental for work.
Safety first.

Training every mont about safety for all employees, the agency and oakley employees.

A lot machine's

Training about the machines.
Working at Oakley was a great experience. Mainly because they helped me develop character and a strong working ethic. But, I have to say they over worked us and were help accountable for other people work.
You spend your days counting the number of sunglasses on the shelfs, folding, and wiping dust off the shelfs. If you are looking to better yourself this is not the place for you.
Job security hardly exists. Success relies on a certain amount of favoritism. Regional management at Luxottica is hardly accessible to most associates other than store level managers.
Working with clientele, i assisted, educated and helped customers in their shopping experience for all things Oakley. Ensuring a quality shopping experience was paramount, and this was a great summer job.
Oakley is a great place to work at, you learn new things and it excites you. Employees have their own story, always fun, music and customers love it. Great vibes, and always have energy. Very flexible, and tons of benefits
Challenging and exciting company to work for. Friendly and enjoyable coworkers. Great company to work for if you are looking for work to lifestyle balance.
I leaners new things daily also if u were interested in another deparment they help u moved or help something more your speed there new ways to improve
Is now of 'corporate' mindset in management, not employee focused or growth potential. Health benefits are very minimal, what used to be a very synergistic thriving work environment is no longer.
Great salary and culture. Vert laid back. Very cool and innovative products and processes and people. Very creative environment. Vertically integrated
Different people make a the place a great place to work at. Lots of diversity which makes the place fun. Lots to learn with the different opportunities
If you’re new to working this is a good place to start but for long term careers it isn’t quite the most promising. The company culture is what makes it worth it but compensation is low.
The management at the time I worked there were not very engaging. They were always in a hurry to go home. I would not advise working there the employees are back stabers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakley. Our community is ready to answer.