Oakley Employee Reviews

SAP FICO Consultant (Current Employee) –  SAP FICO Consultant13 September 2019
Thanks Oakley for providing me a place to grown and helped to understand the complex business processes and i loved the team that i am working for and looking forward for better future.
Pros
Cons
i don't think so there is any cons
Not Happy
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CA11 September 2019
Stressful, no clear rules to do the job, most of the team don’t speak english , most of them speak Spanish , if you don’t speak Spanish your contact will not be easy
Really like working here especially with good coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CA2 September 2019
Summary points out the pros, the district manager is dumb as f*** tho, if he doesn't like your store manager he'll passive aggressively not respond to emails or tell us new sales for our stores to tell customers. That almost screwed me over because our store stopped having discounts for a few days and he never told the store manager.
fun to work with
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, OR29 August 2019
fun to worlk with and awesome people. they had a lot of knowledge to offer about sunglasses. the people that I worked with were awesome people . the manger there was kinda rude though
Great experience. I really like the product.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ24 August 2019
Great company and i really like working with the Oakley EW.
I also enjoy the industry overall and i wish Oakley paid more or developes some sort of a commission bonus for their high-performing sales associates.
Great
Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR22 August 2019
Great company and I'll like to come back if i had the opportunity. You get raises on a regular witch is a plus company bonus maybe twice a year,they have other Oakley companies around the US.
Product knowledge
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CA20 August 2019
Working at Oakley can be challenging, there are many products you have to memorize. Sunglasses are the most important product, and there is a wide variety of lenses and frame styles to fit any environment.
Amazing people until Luxottica took over
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA18 August 2019
I was the last to be hired on prior to the take over. The brand was great. They valued their staff from the bottom to the top. They spoiled us. They had a great work ethic and philosophies. They really immerse you in their brand and ur forced to love it. A brand you could proudly Brag about and stand behind. I owe all my current successes to them. The district managers were all great but one. That bad egg almost ruined it for many of us store managers. But it all came to and end anyway when the take over happened.
Sales Associate to Sales Lead
Sales Associate to Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY14 August 2019
This was my first job. It was more a learning experience for me than anything else. I worked around much older individuals that did change the way I viewed things.
Great employee benefits
Sales Associate / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MI7 August 2019
Great employee discounts and awesome allotment of staff dress every quarter. I enjoyed working for the company and only left to be closer to home.
Male-dominated place to work
Quality Specialist, International & Domestic (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CA2 August 2019
If you are a male great place to work, and if you are a manager you can get any samples and even took from any department. And if you report them to HR they fire you, they don't care.
If you are a female and work hard, at the review day, your credit goes to the male employee because they steal it from you, and if you complain to the HR, they would give you the notice!! 3 notices you are out.
IN MY DAYS;
DON'T EVER COMPLAIN TO HR, THEY FIRE YOU RIGHT AWAY, EVEN IF YOU SEE SOMEONE STEAL FROM THE COMPANY, DON'T BE NAIEV, THEY ARE NOT THERE TO GUIDE THEY ARE THERE JUST TO GET PAID, THEY DON'T CARE.
FACTS; if you are a female and travel and send your report to your male co-worker, and if he is a friend of the manager (which they go out and drink and gamble on Basketball and Baseball during the working days), you will face with people steal your reports and put it under their name and get the credit for the trip. Don't assume the manger would be on your side, NEVER.
The managements are concentrating only on getting samples from the eyeglasses department and they do everything to get one almost every day, no exaggerating. Especially when is yearly parking sale, managers and their friends which they are male employees get 10 tickets and we got 2 tickets.
I had to work there for 7 years and needed the money, for a single mom I had to stay with them. The most enjoyable part was to travel and not being there to directly work with my manager and face the other male co-workers.
I always hated my manager. He had no knowledge but because he was the supervisor friends we had to deal
  more... with him for the first 6 months, he was there only just getting samples and traveling all around the world. He would travel first class and stay in the penthouse room hotel and took the male employee as his helper but we had a small budget to travel which it should be economy sit and stay in a regular cheap hotel. Their per diem was twice as ours.
In my days, that was the place for a male; to do nothing and abusing the company and no one cared and the best part was to get the highest raise every year without review. They worked hard, just be friendly, go out drink and gamble sports during the office work.
not a place to work for unless you do not have any scruples to live.
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA1 August 2019
There is no advancement. Too much favoritism.
If you are not in the in TEAM. You are at the bottom of the pile.

Your position is dictated by who can make your supervisor satisfied and gets too much bribes from other employees.
Very hostile
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA31 July 2019
Managers it supervisors rude. If you do not feed your supervisor he will write you up. Not a good place to work look for somewhere else to work. Like a mom and pop shop here.
If you don't speak Spanish this is not a place for you.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CA23 July 2019
Felt like I was drowning everyone around me speak Spanish. Part of my job was to provide support to them. Have to communicate with sign language. Even when you asked them to speak English they just kept going. Leaving you figuring it out. Sadly I was working in a department to where I had to work with very rude individuals. It made my daily life working there very unpleasant.
flexible
SHIFT TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MN10 July 2019
flexible place to work, chill and fun environment, standing behind a product that is well built and reliable. Staff dress is a plus and killer employee discount.
Wish I never left
Store Manager/District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CA6 July 2019
Awesome company that engages their employees and believes in their success. They developed you for the position you want to be in and maintain tracking for your development
Pros
Teamwork and managers
Cons
buen ambiente de trabajo.
asesor de ventas (Former Employee) –  Solidaridad, quintana roo, QRoo.1 July 2019
aprendí una mayor cultura laboral, así como a desenvolverme mas como vendedor,
Pros
buenas comisiones.
Oakley can be a great place to work with some improvements.
Official Controller (Current Employee) –  5ml1 July 2019
Oakley can be a great place to work by improving management, less hours (6day work week) and positive employee recognition. The atmosphere of the warehouse can be hostile at times.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Healthcare, long hours, and hostile work environment
Fun and great pace of work with flexible schedule
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA27 June 2019
A typical day saw about 30-50 customers a day, cleaning the store to uphold expected presentation, learning about the product and having a bit of down time to bond with coworkers. I learned to be more outgoing and developed better people skills, management was great to work with (as I was a manager), and the Oakley culture was very competitive and self motivating. The hardest part was honestly non responsive customers, and pulling teeth to get them to talk. The most enjoyable was developing a team I enjoyed working with and creating a work environment that was enjoyable to be apart of.
Fun, Great people to work with, and Productive
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NH24 June 2019
i really enjoy who i work with and i like what i do. I also have a family connection to the Merrimack location in particular and that's why i feel so comfortable there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakley. Our community is ready to answer.