Oceanagold
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oceanagold Employee Reviews

New Zealand4 reviews
Not a bad company to work for, 12 hour shifts. Management is fair not great. Co-workers are acceptable most of the time. Most challenging part is keeping co-workers positive.
Cheap, no food or accommodation provided, dirty site, untreated water....many problems with management. Old school mining, old staff yelling at newbies, bully and disrespect. Horrible culture.
E
Great company to work for and the Macraes site was a great place for me as a young engineer. They seem to genuinely care for their employees, the surrounding communities, and the environment. I learned alot there and would recommend it to anyone
Typical day start with a quick catch up with outgoing crew the brief with my crew. Thoughout the day are monitoring the crushing and grinding side of the plant so several times a day/night i have rounds where i check on equipment and how well the gold is being pulled off, visually. Also during periods where I am not on my rounds moniter things from computers inside.
Have learned how to drive dump trucks and an insight on how a plant runs with experience in floating, grinding and crushing Gold.

Have had various co workers who have various personalities and get along with most.

I enjoy the variety in the job, the people, , the exercise and the learning parts of the job.
Pros
Great health care
Cons
night shift